Jerry Jones on 1053thefan just said it’s unlikely they will make a move before today’s NFL trade deadline

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
We knew this wasnt going to happen, especially after that blowout win

Also add in the fact we already used draft picks on acquiring Cooks and Gilmore

Majic

Reaction score
Right decision by Jerry. Don't buy this one player to take us over the top. Our team has been built to pay our studs and restock younger talent with draft picks.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
They are clearly looking and working the phones— but they aren’t in a “desperate” situation.

We all want to see the roster improved, but the market and cost also have to be right.

No one wants to see an overspend like the Galloway or Roy Williams trades. The bottom line is we simply don’t know what the asking price is for some of these teams— so to condemn the FO without the whole story is pretty short-sighted.

They made a big move to bring Cooper in a few years ago, and this offseason they demonstrated savvy aptitude when they traded for Cooks and Gilmore.

I think if a deal is there that makes sense, something gets done.

gtb1943

Reaction score
They are clearly looking and working the phones— but they aren’t in a “desperate” situation.

We all want to see the roster improved, but the market and cost also have to be right.

No one wants to see an overspend like the Galloway or Roy Williams trades. The bottom line is we simply don’t know what the asking price is for some of these teams— so to condemn the FO without the whole story is pretty short-sighted.

They made a big move to bring Cooper in a few years ago, and this offseason they demonstrated savvy aptitude when they traded for Cooks and Gilmore.

I think if a deal is there that makes sense, something gets done.
Cleanly? The janitor talking again? The Liquor store clerk?
Now and then Jerry does tell the truth and I think he is here because it fits the pattern of many years.

A real GM is always shaking the trees and looking. The birds GM is the best example around.
And which team has been to SBs in the last decade?

kevm3

Reaction score
In other words, let the real superbowl contenders be active in getting better to put themselves over the top while we coast on a 'good enough' team that gets knocked out in the 2nd round by one of those teams that are actively doing their job

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Cleanly? The janitor talking again? The Liquor store clerk?
Now and then Jerry does tell the truth and I think he is here because it fits the pattern of many years.

A real GM is always shaking the trees and looking. The birds GM is the best example around.
And which team has been to SBs in the last decade?
Lol… the Cowboys are literally linked to every FA and every big trade target out there because— Cowboys!!

To take a stance that they are unwilling to make a move is contrary to the evidence as they have proven to even move a 1st round pick recently to add a piece, and the trades they made for Gilmore and Cooks were every bit as savvy as Roseman’s moves.

Or do you want to somehow emotionally and irrationally argue and whine that our trades have been markedly worse than Philly’s?

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Well Gee, I'm shocked I tell you, Shocked!!!.........ah no I'm not!

I've been saying it on here for over a week now that Dallas isn't going to do anything and all these media reports from the talking twits about Dallas being the darkhorse, sleepers, and sources were nothing more than click bait nonsense..