Jerry Jones on 1053thefan just said it’s unlikely they will make a move before today’s NFL trade deadline

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He’s got socks and jocks to order. There is no time allotted for roster improvement. Plus, giving away picks takes all the fun out of the draft….. Jerry’s favorite time of the year when he gets to sit at the head of the table and look like a GM. Those are the calls he likes to make.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Philly and SF always try to get better. We just sit and watch.
Trades for Gimore? Cooks? Didn’t do it for you?

Cooper for a 1st a few years back? More just “sitting and watching?” Lol

JonesBoys

Reaction score
This is the type of ownership we have seen lately so we shouldn't be surprised. We see teams like Philly and SF who keep trying to improve and that's why they get to at least an NFC championship game every year now. We see Jerry sit on his hands while he has a good roster and instead of making a move that could push them to an NFC championship game or beyond, he does nothing. We know what the outcome will be. It's going on 3 decades and this Dallas team sits right on the threshold of breaking that and Jerry acts like it's 96 and they are coming off super bowls. Close to 30 years but just sit there and hope for the best.

jgboys1

Reaction score
I know I am in the minority here but I wouldn't trust him top make the right moves anyway. Probably trade for some washed up overpriced player who will put us into cap hell in a season or 2.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Trades for Gimore? Cooks? Didn’t do it for you?

Cooper for a 1st a few years back? More just “sitting and watching?” Lol
Cooper was a desperation move because they completely botched the WR position going into the season and needed to save face before a disaster season that was on the brink. Gilmore and Cooks are past their prime they aren't big moves that put you over the top. They are good moves that needed to be done to keep you good but those two aren't putting you over the top.
They have the best roster they have had in a while but still got throttled by the 49ers. They need to get better. Or maybe that SF game was an anomaly and they go beat the Eagles this week and go on to a long playoff run. We shall see. But if they lose this Sunday they will be essentially 3 games behind the Eagles and destined for wild card land again maybe one win and done again. We will find out where this team is after this Sunday. I hope I'm wrong but I thought they should make a move that energizes the team and brings them up another notch.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Cooper was a desperation move because they completely botched the WR position going into the season and needed to save face before a disaster season that was on the brink. Gilmore and Cooks are past their prime they aren't big moves that put you over the top. They are good moves that needed to be done to keep you good but those two aren't putting you over the top.
They have the best roster they have had in a while but still got throttled by the 49ers. They need to get better. Or maybe that SF game was an anomaly and they go beat the Eagles this week and go on to a long playoff run. We shall see. But if they lose this Sunday they will be essentially 3 games behind the Eagles and destined for wild card land again maybe one win and done again. We will find out where this team is after this Sunday. I hope I'm wrong but I thought they should make a move that energizes the team and brings them up another notch.
I'm sorry what deadline moves put teams over the top? That's not a thing that happens in the NFL.

Did Robert Quinn put the Eagles over the top last year? lol

JonesBoys

Reaction score
I'm sorry what deadline moves put teams over the top? That's not a thing that happens in the NFL.

Did Robert Quinn put the Eagles over the top last year? lol
Christian McCaffrey ring a bell? Again a move like that to an already good team can pay big dividends.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know I am in the minority here but I wouldn't trust him top make the right moves anyway. Probably trade for some washed up overpriced player who will put us into cap hell in a season or 2.
Did you like the Cooper and Hankins trades? Cooks? Gilmore?

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Listen, you’ll get a Zeke for a conditional 7th in the 2025 draft and like it. Lol

I just want to see it happen so I can watch the absolute meltdown that will follow by some of the members on this board.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
The statement was they sit and watch and wait and don’t make any moves. Clearly they have proven they will make moves and trade draft capital when it makes sense.

That said— I agree with you in that if there is a move to land a difference maker at the deadline— I would hope they would to improve the roster and give the whole team a jolt of positive energy

However, the kneejerk emotionalism around JJ and SJ’s radio spots is silly. They aren’t going to communicate their plans and lose leverage, nor are they going to communicate unbelief in their current roster and undermine the player’s confidence as they head to Philly. In addition, JJ is hedging against potential disappointment among the fans so that in case a deal isn’t done, he can appear transparent and in control to the fanbase and say “I told you it was unlikely we would do anything.”

SF, Philly, Det, and Dallas are clearly the best in the NFC. I think we can lose to any of those teams, but I also think we are capable of beating any of those teams— IF we play to our potential.

I would love to see an aggressive trade today, but I won’t hang my head if it doesn’t happen

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
This has got to be Jerry's favorite time of year. Reporters, media, fans are waiting breathlessly on his every word. What's that Jerry? Comment please?
Nobody talks more but accomplishes less than good 'ol Jerruh.

slick325

Reaction score
No surprise. The Jones boys have been telling us all this since last week. These guys tell the truth regarding trades and the draft. No bluff. No subterfuge.

Not sure that helps in negotiation but it is who they are.