Jerry Jones on coaching change

Brooksey

Reaction score
Just now from Gavin Dawson on 105.3 The Fan, Jerry was just asked if he is considering making a coaching change.

His answer: "Absolutely not."

EDIT:

105.3 also reported Jerry went immediately to the locker room and wanted to address the team personally. He addressed the team before any coach did.

Try having a conversation with your coaching staff first. Then maybe hire someone to come in and give a seminar about how to make a halftime adjustment.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Just now from Gavin Dawson on 105.3 The Fan, Jerry was just asked if he is considering making a coaching change.

His answer: "Absolutely not."

EDIT:

105.3 also reported Jerry went immediately to the locker room and wanted to address the team personally. He addressed the team before any coach did.

What else is he going to say? You don't announce on the radio that you're changing coaches, even if you are going to do it.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Jerry meant it. He loves Garrett for reasons that aren't apparent to me.

stiletto

Reaction score
This is as bad as it gets. Jerry is the proud owner of an expansion team with a glorious stadium.

okstateCowboy

Reaction score
What else is he going to say? You don't announce on the radio that you're changing coaches, even if you are going to do it.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Jerry meant it. He loves Garrett for reasons that aren't apparent to me.

He could have said we will evaluate those types of changes at the end of the year. Would give us some hope

kevm3

Reaction score
The thing is Jerry has some sort of connection he didn't with the other coaches whom he fired. Garrett will have every excuse made for him, especially since the cowboys are still profitable.

85Cowboy85

Reaction score
I will go against the grain here and say there really isn't a reason to fire the coaches until the season is over.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Waiting for Jerry's jet to make stops in Columbus, Ohio or Starkville, Mississippi to begin the negotiations.

Urban Meyer is one of the highest paid coaches in college football. He'd be a fool to walk away from what he's got going at Ohio State to work for Jerry Jones.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I'm still adamant that the sun glare issues in this stadium are the real underlying reason for this franchise failure.

85Cowboy85

Reaction score
To promote Garrett. People forget that part.

He doesn't have another Garrett waiting in the wings.

Right, and I'm not sure there's another coach out there that you would need to try and get a head start on.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
I bet the players really don't even care. I bet they just showered and high fives all around. Got into the cars and headed out to eat. Prolly meet up later for some cognac and ace. Chillz and kick it. Maybe check some tinder chicks or sumptin.