Twitter: Jerry Jones on The Fan Recap - Unlikely to make trade - 10/22/13

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nick Eatman ‏@nickeatman 6m
Jerry Jones says on his radio show on 105.3 The Fan, that it's unlikely Cowboys will make any trade because there's no room on salary cap.

Not saying I disagree, but Jerry Jones basically said Calvin Johnson is best WR in the league and Dez Bryant is No. 2.

One more quote from Jerry about Romo "We couldn't have a better quarterback... Bill Parcells and I thought he was Italian." Well, alright.

Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus 7m
Just listening to Jerry Jones talk, he puts a tremendous amount of faith in Rod Marinelli and what he can do with these players.

Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon 5m
Jerry on KRLD-FM: "We want to be careful about how fast we bring back (DeMarco) Murray."

Jerry on KRLD-FM: Calvin Johnson is best WR in the league right now. "Dez can aspire to be that and has a chance to be that."

Jean-Jacques Taylor ‏@JJT_ESPNDallas 7m
Jerry on his radio show said he's not spending a lot of time trying to trade for a DL.

Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 2m
Jerry Jones said #Cowboys have evolved at protecting a lead since last time they played Detroit in 2011.

Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 3m
Jerry Jones said on the radio that Calvin Johnson is the best receiver in the league and that Dez Bryant still has a chance to be that

Jerry Jones said Bill Parcells and I thought Tony Romo was Italian before finding out his grandparents were from Mexico..Only Jerry

Last edited:

erod

Reaction score
The NFL averages 1.2 trades per year at the trading deadline.

This ain't baseball, folks.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
The only trade we'll make is if we lose a player on Sunday with significant time.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
call me crazy, but it seems Jerry Jones is becoming more and more careful with his teams personal and future.

Ok, you're crazy. J/K :) I think Jerry is all around a better GM than several years ago. He'll never be an Ozzie Newsome but he's gotten solid or better in my eyes. And I've NOT been a fan of his in the past by any stretch of the imagination.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Ok, you're crazy. J/K :) I think Jerry is all around a better GM than several years ago. He'll never be an Ozzie Newsome but he's gotten solid or better in my eyes. And I've NOT been a fan of his in the past by any stretch of the imagination.

All things being equal, 2013 has been an excellent year for Jerry the GM. He has made many of the right moves.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
At this point he really can't make any more moves. No more cap space, trade limit coming up, etc. Let's see if he can stack 2014 into a positive as well.

Oh, definitely. They are going to be hard pressed to find the cap room for a true emergency like a punter yada.

Section446

Reaction score
I'm 100% fine with us not making any trades. Keep growing via the draft, keep bringing in quality FA's for a small price, and we'll be golden.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Re: the Calvin quotes, I guess Jerry has to put SOME kind of cap on the Dez extension (not that I disagree either).