Recap: Jerry Jones on the Fan

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Moore was responsible for covering Walker, and did not do it, so claiborne was trying to make a play he wasn't responsible for, yes he should have tried arm tacking, but wasn't entirel on him.

What I saw from the game was that Claiborne was not so much targeted in terms of throwing to the player he was responsible for...but they would get him to run back and then throw underneath to his side where he would have to make a tackle. He showed zero skill or willingness to tackle. It was without any hyperbole, embarrassing to watch that type of effort on a tackle.

To me, that has to do with 'want to' and Claiborne doesn't have it. I would rather get beat by not having enough skill or missing an assignment that get beat because of a lack of desire and toughness.

YR

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Jerry is not making that call of who plays or gets benched. it was the coaches who sat Claiborne down last season in favor of Scandrick and had Scandrick not been suspended he likely would have been starting. Garrett has address this issue and has stated where you were drafted is not going to determine if you start

I will believe it when I see it.

We have Jerry saying that we are not going to bench him because of where we drafted him and I think Moore is outplaying him.

YR

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I will believe it when I see it.

We have Jerry saying that we are not going to bench him because of where we drafted him and I think Moore is outplaying him.

YR

About Mo, had good camp, then injury, so is working on getting back to his start of camp playing well. Great athletic ability at LSU, WR or CB. They are not down on him. They are not committed to keeping him in there because of what they gave up for him. As Scandrick had best camp of any player. And has he lived up to the status of what they gave up for him, no, but they still feel he will be a very good player for them.

Garrett had already made that comment however with Scandrick being out he gave up the job and Dallas rolled with Claiborne. Last season Claiborne was benched per the coaches. So believe what you choose but that has already happened. Jerry is not forcing this staff to play anyone.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Does it ever get into Jerrah's thick skull that maybe Claiborne would be better motivated if he was benched in favor of Moore? Or that it may help motivate other players on the team if they know the organization will play the best players regardless of what was given up for them?

Of course not.

YR

I think Mo is plenty motivated. He was the first to criticize his play. An unmotivated player doesn't do that.

That said, I think that we are going to see more of Moore Sunday. Part of that is that we are likely going to have to use a CB on Graham. So even in the nickel, we'd have 4 CBs at times. Me, I would give Mo the nod to be the 3rd corner at the outset - mostly in recognition that he did end the game on a good note and hope he builds on that. I would, however, go with a very short lease.

Reaction score
I'm still trying to get my head wrapped around paying $300 to buy 2 pairs of socks.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Ro. McClain, will wait and see. At point do they wait until 100%, not risk it, or to see if he can play some snaps. It’s hamstring, not groin, Jerry misspoke on the injury. It responded well but that doesn’t mean anything right now.

In the off season of 1919, Boston had the rights to a player and traded him to the Yankees out of greed for the money they received. From that day forth for 86 years, until 2004, the Boston Redsox did not win a championship.

The player - Babe Ruth.

They call that the curse of the Bambino.

In a related story an owner/GM overpaid a player for one day against the Kansas City Chiefs. The GM's greed over thinking he saw something spectacular - a diamond in the trash, so to speak - rewarded said player with an astronomical contract. The player NEVER lived up to the money paid. On this team, player after player was infected by the nagging hamstring originally suffered by this over paid player who looks like he afflicted the entire franchise.

Some have even seen the GM limp, although to be fair that might be because his wife slobber knocked him for pictures distributed by TMZ of the GM's hands on the love bumps of a self employed model.

This contract was signed in 2010. The franchise is in year four of its 86 year hiatus from the championship game because of this player.

The player - Miles Austin

They call that the Curse of the Hambino.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Risen made a good suggestion regarding Mo, give him Graham this week. I really think some of his struggles are mental, he needs to be challenged, so you either bench him and risk losing him forever or give him the toughest assignment and ask him to "man up".

I honestly don't think Jerry is pulling the strings here. JG knows he's the most talented guy he has and trying to get him to play that way.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Does it ever get into Jerrah's thick skull that maybe Claiborne would be better motivated if he was benched in favor of Moore? Or that it may help motivate other players on the team if they know the organization will play the best players regardless of what was given up for them?

Of course not.

YR

Thats funny cause now scandrick is back from suspension and has a week under him he goes back opposite Carr.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think unless Mo plays at an All Pro level for the rest of the season he gets traded in the offseason.

IMO we'd be very lucky to get a 3rd rounder for him

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
What I saw from the game was that Claiborne was not so much targeted in terms of throwing to the player he was responsible for...but they would get him to run back and then throw underneath to his side where he would have to make a tackle. He showed zero skill or willingness to tackle. It was without any hyperbole, embarrassing to watch that type of effort on a tackle.

To me, that has to do with 'want to' and Claiborne doesn't have it. I would rather get beat by not having enough skill or missing an assignment that get beat because of a lack of desire and toughness.

YR

I would have agreed with this assessment last year but this year I have seen him extend his arms and try and take on WR blocks in the run game. He still gets steered around but he is 5-11 195 and they are 6-3 220. He did take out the knees of a pulling Jake Long at the poa. He is actually competing and throwing his body around as opposed to the dives he would take last year.

His issue has been his spacing with receivers out of drops and missing his jam. He did put it together at the end though. I aslo don't mind the illegal contact one bit. Better get the late hit and 5 yards than not hit at all and be beat for a long completion. Seattle thrives off of the approach.