Recap: Jerry Jones on The Fan

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cleared up about best game comments.
Best 1st half of a game in 25 years, as to execution and play, no mistakes while playing a very good team.

Does not believe in the thought that less is more for Romo. As there will be, or may be times romo will need to, and still can put the game on his shoulders to make it happen, move the offense.

Asked about opinion at 3-1 vs beginnig and downlp[laying things.
At first they downplayed it as they did not know how Martin would really be as they did not see everything in camp. But now the OL is gelling, and not the OL itself, but the entire blocking from the WR's, RB's, TE's too.

Running game like the 90's.
He said he won't go there, but some of it is looking familair because of the balance it creates. And that what people consider the best team of the SB days, that 9 of their wins were by 7 points or less, so it wasn't like they were imposing their will upon teams. Also, they didn't put an emphasis on a K as much, they put it on getting TD's. Thought was if we are ahead by 3 points there is a 50% chance they still lose, go get the TD.

Using Randle & Dunbar more
They would like too, and that's the plan. Randle very good on inside runs, and outside, but doesn't have the outside speed or quickness that Murray has.

Marinelli.
Very intense, soft spoken, until he wants or needs to make his point. Wirey Vietnam Vet, and players see this and his intensity and this motivates them. Preaches the harder you go, the better you can be. He's the motor or engine that creates passion for players to get to the ball.

Mo.
Still believes he can have a good career in Dallas. After his criticism of Mo, got 4 or 5 calls from around the league, saying, hey, watch what you say. He is a very good player and he needs reps and confidence.

Carter.
Week ot week type thing. Quads aren't usually serious typically, and not long term. If he misses one game, that's not long term as some may think. Will see how he responds this week. Found his home at SLB.

Credit / critcizm
Gets both, but it's not like he gets a basket full. Got 4 or 5 notes, texts on good stuff, laughs
Says good things and feelings are such a small % of it, as it doesn't last long, but it's worth all the negative stuff said or hear.

3-1 start
Very cautious, not all in on a good start, you can't be.

Texans game
big game, and 3 times he has teared up. loss to SF for going to 3rd straight SB, forgot the 2nd time, 3rd losing to Texans in their first game ever.

Last edited:

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Wow...our GM...GM...NEEDS to be told to "watch what you say". I could go on for about 30 mins on that topic alone...but I don't feel like it today. Just want to enjoy being 3-1 and looking forward to the Texans...which is and should be a very winnable game.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
The loss to the NYG in the 2007 playoffs is the 3rd time Jones cried after a loss.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Does not believe in the thought that less is more for Romo. As there will be, or may be times romo will need to, and still can put the game on his shoulders to make it happen, move the offense.

I think less need is always more with any player. For example, if we had to rely on Murray without a good passing game, he would not be having a monster year.

Now, we're just balanced where in past years we needed the passing game to carry the offense and defense, which is just asking too much of any one aspect of the game.

Zordon

Reaction score
lol these interviews are going to get better and better the more we win.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
I thought Jerry reported Carter had a migraine not a quad injury, said Carter was going to take a few aspirin and he would be good to go.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope they do not allow Bruce Carter to return before he has sufficiently healed. It was ugly how his quad tightened up while he was running down the Saints ballcarrier. He collapsed almost immediately. I would hate seeing him play too soon, suffer a groin tear, and miss the remainder of the season.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I've seen the video on that first Texans game & Jerry probably not only cried but peed his pants too.

Some huge Texan player got in his face after the game was over. Of course he was on the field.

Maybe that day he should have stayed in his box.