Jerry Jones related tweet

jnday

Reaction score
This very board supports Jerry's outlook. There are fans that will support him and the circus no matter what. It may not be popular, but disagreeing with this this mess doesn't make one any less of a fan. It is called higher expectations.

Trajan

Reaction score
Jerry has an awesome setup. He has thousands who are addicted regardless of the hangover it produces. Mark my words, there will be tons of people here on this board calling for a 12-4 season next year after Jerry gets some big name FA, or some flashy draft pick. He will move the seats around on the deck of the Titanic and fans will forget all his failures.

CaptainMorgan

Reaction score
I think it's silly to suggest Jerry doesn't care about winning. I think more than anything he has a burning desire to legitimize himself as a GM and the only way to do that is by winning a championship. He just doesn't know how to do it. His ego won't allow him to admit defeat.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have been saying this for years. As long as fans are spending money on the team, Jerry will not change. We have to hit him in the pocketbook to get his attention. I am doing my part(or maybe it should be not doing my part???), I haven't spent a dime on the Cowboys since the 44-6 Eagles buttwhipping in 2008.

You've got me by a few years, but I'm going on almost three years now.

Not a dime.

So I'm doing my part, and I encourage everyone else who's not happy to do the same.

cml750

Reaction score
You've got me by a few years, but I'm going on almost three years now.

Not a dime.

So I'm doing my part, and I encourage everyone else who's not happy to do the same.

If every fan who is unhappy would do the same, I have no doubt Jerry would get the message.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
Jerry does not care about the specific Cowboy fan because watching the Cowboys has become a game for every teams fan to watch now.

Everyone other than actual Cowboy fans love laughing at the Cowboys and getting to see # 9 flounder in the end of games.

That's truly the overall football fans perception of our team.

I have friends that are fans of all different teams texting me while the Cowboy game is on.

We rarely talk about their team. It's always about how the Cowboys coaching staff is this and how Romo and the rest of the team is gonna throw the game away.

Jerry knows there's more football fans than Cowboy fans and he wants them all. To do that we need to be a joke.

Only for a while until we sick so long they no longer care. They hate us because of the good years and they are a long time ago

coult44

Reaction score
Like it or not, the game on Sunday was very exciting. The Skins game will be exciting, and, if Dallas wins, then the Eagles game will be exciting. This team is in playoff contention, and that's as exciting as it gets.

:Do_O:D

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
He's right though. Going to the game is a good experience for most of the beer guzzling, Instagram snapping fans that are seemingly oblivious to what's going on down on the field.

They're 5-2 at home, and the two losses were two of the most exciting games of the year, even if you didn't like the outcome. Until we go 1-7 at home and start getting blown out with regularity, attendance will be fine.

I went to a huge Tyler Texas football game earlier this year the place was standing room only. Except that thousands of fans weren't even watching the game. They were jR high kids and other people just wandering around outside of the field area talking and shooting the breeze. Stadium owners don't care as long as they paid to get in. This is Jerry. Who cares what happens on the field as long as you have exciting players like Romo who can put up numbers, spin out of tackles, and Dez who can jump over and through people to catch a ball.
Someone mentioned Vince MacMahan or however you spell it. Everyone knows it's fake, but who cares because it's exciting. Jerry wants to win, but he wants to win his way. If that doesn't happen, he's content with people enjoying the show.