Twitter: Jerry Jones says Cowboys want young QBs to develop

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Smart philosophy.
Belichick has done this for years. Draft a young guy, have him look good in limited time, then ship him away for assets.
The Cowboys actually started this philosophy in 2016 by drafting Dak, and continued it in 2018 by drafting White. It seems they finally realized the need to have a young, developmental guy at all times.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
In the later rounds I like Cole McDonald.
I have also brought up the name of the Kentucky WR/QB that could be had late in this draft, kid was converted do to injury at the QB position from WR, and rushed for more than 1400 yds after being converted to QB last year.
Hes a running QB prospect, take a look at him.... Lynn Bowden,, also could be that slot WR in the mold of Cobb.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have also brought up the name of the Kentucky WR/QB that could be had late in this draft, kid was converted do to injury at the QB position from WR, and rushed for more than 1400 yds after being converted to QB last year.
Hes a running QB prospect, take a look at him.... Lynn Bowden,, also could be that slot WR in the mold of Cobb.
How did he have over 1468 yards rushing and only 348 receiving, yet he was a WR? I'm not sure about him being a running QB prospect - NFL QBs still have to pass the ball, and Bowden only had 495 carreer passing yards in college. What it seems he would have to be is a gimmick guy - a little WR, a little RB, an occasional gimmick play at QB, special teams etc ...

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
How did he have over 1468 yards rushing and only 348 receiving, yet he was a WR? I'm not sure about him being a running QB prospect - NFL QBs still have to pass the ball, and Bowden only had 495 carreer passing yards in college. What it seems he would have to be is a gimmick guy - a little WR, a little RB, an occasional gimmick play at QB, special teams etc ...
Not a gimmick, he accrued the 348 yds while being a WR, before the Kentucky starting QB got injured. he was then converted on the fly to be the Wildcats starting QB, and then amassed that rushing yardage as their starting QB.
Seriously, the kid has some Lamar Jackson like skills.
Just saying, for a late round prospect, don't dismiss the talent if its there.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not a gimmick, he accrued the 348 yds while being a WR, before the Kentucky starting QB got injured. he was then converted on the fly to be the Wildcats starting QB, and then amassed that rushing yardage as their starting QB.
Seriously, the kid has some Lamar Jackson like skills.
Just saying, for a late round prospect, don't dismiss the talent if its there.
He ran the ball 185 times and only threw 74 times. In the NFL that's a gimmick QB.

starfan1

Reaction score
Is this a recent quote ? I haven’t heard a peep out of Jerry for weeks.

He tunes in every now and then to the zone. He thought to himself there aren't enough Dak threads so let me throw this bait out to give them even more to debate. Just kidding

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak employees here on just the thought of us drafting a QB....:muttley:

giphy.gif
Dak-hating Romoholics during the Romo years when asked if Cowboys should draft serious Romo competition...

Wvo6va-Us-Qa3-Di.gif

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or even on the roster. We didn't draft Dak to be an immediate starter, nor White. They were both meant to be developmental guys, and Dak just got thrown into the fire because of injuries to Romo and Moore.
Imagine what might have been if Moore had stayed healthy. Not sure it would have been good.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
He could have been traded.

Also I think early in his career Brent Hundley had some trade value. He had a couple of really good preseasons.
The thing is..

Developing young QBs requires your current QB to be successful and the younger QBs have to play in order to be featured.

How we going to do this?

Mike..you only have a 5 year contract.

This is not the Marshall Plan to rebuild Europe.

Mikey, you have about 3 years to win a SB.

Then we disband this team and start over and most of us start watching Australian Rules Nude Women's Volleyball..

the reruns probably

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Imagine what might have been if Moore had stayed healthy. Not sure it would have been good.
My guess is Dak would have been starting by mid-season, but if Moore could have kept the team somewhere around .500 they may have stayed with him until Romo got back.

starfan1

Reaction score
The thing is..

Developing young QBs requires your current QB to be successful and the younger QBs have to play in order to be featured.

How we going to do this?

Then we disband this team and start over and most of us start watching Australian Rules Nude Women's Volleyball..

the reruns probably

They have such a thing? I am asking for a friend!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The thing is..

How we going to do this?

the reruns probably
tenor.gif