News: Jerry Jones was in a car accident *** NO INSULTS OR JOKES ALLOWED ***

J_Allen

Reaction score
He doesn't have the best driver. If you see a car slowing down look at their wheel to ground reference. Look at which way the car is leaning. It's obvious it's going to turn in front of you. When you see that just tap the brakes and slow down in case.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Part of me doesn't believe that's Jerry's wreck. That car was going way to fast for a 79 year old to be behind the wheel. So who the heck is Cowboys Nation? And how did they beat TMZ to this footage?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Very odd how a car can make a left turn in front of another car traveling in the same direction.
- That car must have turned left from the right lane.

Any word on if Jerry was driving?
well its one way 3-4 lane rd looks the other car was making left tun from the middle lane while Jerry was on the inside lane..hard to tell from the side view of video but yes drivers do stupid things like that cross 3 lanes to make the tun etc.. Cant be sure but if that car was in the middle jerry was to his left side but few cars lengths behind the drivers tuning form the middle lane so jerry hit him..that just my take on what i can see in the video,

jrumann59

Reaction score
The driver in the other car got the worst end of it. The impact was directly on the driver side. Lucky they weren’t seriously injured or killed.
Most of the Sonatas from that design and newer have some sort of side curtain airbag as well

jrumann59

Reaction score
He doesn't have the best driver. If you see a car slowing down look at their wheel to ground reference. Look at which way the car is leaning. It's obvious it's going to turn in front of you. When you see that just tap the brakes and slow down in case.
even teh best driver does not expect someone to turn across your lane. Could it have been avoided or mitigated maybe, but this post lock-down world drivers all around are terrible.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I hear ya, but my opinion of the man....I would say he is of the 'no such thing as bad press' school.

Jerry has been dealing with this kind of stuff ever since he bought the Cowboys. Being a celebrity is so ridiculous that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie being spotted at a Subway made news. They just casually walked in and it made news.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Too fast? What is the speed limit on the piece of road and did you use a radar gun in your assessment? Jeez...

Get over yourself. You used to be one of my favorite posters. He barely reacted. I am not blaming him but to not react he was either not paying attention or going to fast. What are you looking for Jerry to send you a tee shirt.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dam, that is a wicked t-bone hit.............everybody is very lucky to walk away from this.

I will also say that some of the comments I have seen on Twitter and other places wishing Jerry would not have walked away from this are disgusting.

This is a just a game people, nothing more. Now if the fact that the Cowboys have not won a SB in over 25 years makes you so mad that you wish the owner was not here anymore, then maybe you need to take a step back and reevaluate your life and start making some changes.
It’s more than just a game to many. And it’s not just about having more success. It’s about how he represents our most beloved commodity of our community and city.

Honestly we’d hope he’d take a step back and begin realizing how important this franchise and what it represents to the fans and citizens of our area.

While I’d stop short of making those type of wishes and certainly not condoning them I can understand those who have. It’s not really that much of a stretch when we see how divisive our society has become with public figures.

Hate apparently has become the norm in social media with a keyboard providing every numbskull on the planet a voice on the internet we’d otherwise never hear from. And some of these voices are from much more reputable people than anonymous fans.

When people or fans are met with a very unpopular immovable force it can bring out the worst in them unfortunately.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Get over yourself. You used to be one of my favorite posters. He barely reacted. I am not blaming him but to not react he was either not paying attention or going to fast. What are you looking for Jerry to send you a tee shirt.
Jethro’s car hit the car turning left coming from the same direction. It looked like the silver car he hit wasn’t turning from the left hand lane? How else could that happen ?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
It’s more than just a game to many. And it’s not just about having more success. It’s about how he represents our most beloved commodity of our community and city..

That is the problem right there, some people have such miserable lives that the only happiness they get is from living vicariously through the accomplishment of others, mainly professional athletes.

When the team wins, they somehow think that they won also even though they are sitting on their arse at home infront of the TV. They did absolutely nothing, but they feel like winners regardless.

The opposite is also true, when the team loses, they feel that they lost also and get angry, even sometimes violent, towards fans of the opposing team (I have seen fights break out between fans at the stadium) or at ownership as seen in the disgusting comments about Jerry. Even on this site, Reality had to put a warning in the title about such comments.

Like I said, if the Cowboys are the number one most important thing in your life then you have a pretty pathetic life and need to make changes ASAP.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That is the problem right there, some people have such miserable lives that the only happiness they get is from living vicariously through the accomplishment of others, mainly professional athletes.

When the team wins, they somehow think that they won also even though they are sitting on their arse at home infront of the TV. They did absolutely nothing, but they feel like winners regardless.

The opposite is also true, when the team loses, they feel that they lost also and get angry, even sometimes violent, towards fans of the opposing team (I have seen fights break out between fans at the stadium) or at ownership as seen in the disgusting comments about Jerry. Even on this site, Reality had to put a warning in the title about such comments.

Like I said, if the Cowboys are the number one most important thing in your life then you have a pretty pathetic life and need to make changes ASAP.
They don’t have to be the most important thing in your life to feel a sense of community pride . There’s a reason these franchises use the name of their cities.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
Say the video..wasn't his fault..the other car was in the far right lane, he make a quick turn left, Jerry was in the middle lane...after turning left, the other car slowed down....

Yea it looked like the other car turned in front of him?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure how anyone (and I mean anyone as in every human on Earth) could watch the video and suggest or claim Jones was at-fault for causing the accident. It is strange to me how any kind of video is often seen differently through different sets of eyes.

The reason why accidents like these do not occur frequently is because the overwhelming number of drivers around the world do not CROSS other drivers' traffic lanes exiting a street or highway. Driver education varies in degree everywhere but no one anywhere is teaching drivers to turn in front of other vehicles. I mean... seriously... what am I missing here..?

Wait. Maybe some opinions are being formulated by individuals who do not drive. That would make sense.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not sure how anyone (and I mean anyone as in every human on Earth) could watch the video and suggest or claim Jones was at-fault for causing the accident. It is strange to me how any kind of video is often seen differently through different sets of eyes.

The reason why accidents like these do not occur frequently is because the overwhelming number of drivers around the world do not CROSS other drivers' traffic lanes exiting a street or highway. Driver education varies in degree everywhere but no one anywhere is teaching drivers to turn in front of other vehicles. I mean... seriously... what am I missing here..?

Wait. Maybe some opinions are being formulated by individuals who do not drive. That would make sense.
No doubt the silver car was at fault for turning left from a further right lane . No dispute at all.

But was Jethro’s car speeding resulting in slower reaction and not being able to avoid as tough of impact. Is it possible driver was on cell or texting not looking up which could have avoided impact ?

Those are questions that wouldn’t place Jethro’s car in any kind of guilt but might could have avoided as serious impact.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No doubt the silver car was at fault for turning left from a further right lane . No dispute at all.

But was Jethro’s car speeding resulting in slower reaction and not being able to avoid as tough of impact. Is it possible driver was on cell or texting not looking up which could have avoided impact ?

Those are questions that wouldn’t place Jethro’s car in any kind of guilt but might could have avoided as serious impact.
No impact should have occurred. Any side argument about how fast Jones' car was going is irrelevant to me since it is impossible for two vehicles to collide while traveling parallel to each other in separate lanes.

A texting-while-driving argument holds merit for me IF the driver of Jones' car (whether it was him or another person) either: a) rear ended a car in the same lane or another lane, b) collided with a vehicle in another lane of traffic running the opposite direction or c) sideswiped a vehicle or vehicles traveling side-by-side in a parallel lanes of traffic. Texting would have created an impairment leading to a collision suffered by other drivers who were obeying traffic laws.

Unquestionably, texting-while-driving is a problem. It is also a problem repeated hundreds of thousands of times each day around the world without incident. Why? Because a texting driver becomes aware of moving or stopped vehicles positioned normally and legally n front or on the sides of their vehicle. That was not the case in this instance.

The driver of Jones' car hit a vehicle illegally crossing his lane of traffic. IF the Jones car's driver was texting while driving, it may have caused a split second reaction delay of an unavoidable accident. The video should be reviewed again. The car illegally crossing Jones' car was not traveling 100 or 200 yards ahead. The distance between both vehicles at the time the other vehicle turned illegally was much closer. There are three options available to any driver trying to avoid a collision in this particular scenario:
  1. Lock their brakes and pray the deceleration will be enough to not slide into the other car (regardless whether the driver was texting or not).
  2. SWERVE into other lanes of traffic or off the street entirely and pray they do not collide with other vehicles, obstructions, ditches, etc.
  3. Collide with the other vehicle and pray no one gets hurt.
The Jones car had the third option as its only recourse in my opinion.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No impact should have occurred. Any side argument about how fast Jones' car was going is irrelevant to me since it is impossible for two vehicles to collide while traveling parallel to each other in separate lanes.

A texting-while-driving argument holds merit for me IF the driver of Jones' car (whether it was him or another person) either: a) rear ended a car in the same lane or another lane, b) collided with a vehicle in another lane of traffic running the opposite direction or c) sideswiped a vehicle or vehicles traveling side-by-side in a parallel lanes of traffic. Texting would have created an impairment leading to a collision suffered by other drivers who were obeying traffic laws.

Unquestionably, texting-while-driving is a problem. It is also a problem repeated hundreds of thousands of times each day around the world without incident. Why? Because a texting driver becomes aware of moving or stopped vehicles positioned normally and legally n front or on the sides of their vehicle. That was not the case in this instance.

The driver of Jones' car hit a vehicle illegally crossing his lane of traffic. IF the Jones car's driver was texting while driving, it may have caused a split second reaction delay of an unavoidable accident. The video should be reviewed again. The car illegally crossing Jones' car was not traveling 100 or 200 yards ahead. The distance between both vehicles at the time the other vehicle turned illegally was much closer. There are three options available to any driver trying to avoid a collision in this particular scenario:
  1. Lock their brakes and pray the deceleration will be enough to not slide into the other car (regardless whether the driver was texting or not).
  2. SWERVE into other lanes of traffic or off the street entirely and pray they do not collide with other vehicles, obstructions, ditches, etc.
  3. Collide with the other vehicle and pray no one gets hurt.
The Jones car had the third option as its only recourse in my opinion.
I’m glad you have it all figured out and there was absolutely nothing that Jethro’s car could have done to avoid as much impact given the very poor decision and absolute fault by other driver.

And if you don't believe the speed of Jethro’s car has any relevance into the potential impact and bodily injury then that’s totally absurd.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I’m glad you have it all figured out and there was absolutely nothing that Jethro’s car could have done to avoid as much impact given the very poor decision by other driver.

This thread got me to thinking. Jerry has enough dough to be driving one o dem cars that has the driver assist feature which is supposed to detect collisions even before the driver does and brake to avoid the collision. But I guess you can turn that feature off. Still by my estimation the driver making the turn did so less than 50 feet in front of Jerry's car and slowed down almost to a stop as he clearly was about to miss his turn and probably realized that the road was wet and he needed to slow down a lot more or skid onto the sidewalk. Unfortunately doing so left him a sitting duck in front of the oncoming Benz. Which if traveling 40 mph would have been going almost 60 feet per second. Meaning that even if the driver of the Benz reacted within half a second he had less than 30 feet to stop before hitting the other car. And aint no way in hell a car traveling at that speed was going to stop and on a wet road swerving would have been EXTREMELY dicey and probably would have taken out the white car that passes to their right an instant after the collision. But in reality there was no time to do anything but hang on and hope for the best because the other car was SO close.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Has it been mentioned whether or not the left turner used his turn signal? That would have put me on high alert if I was the one trailing him. Even brake lights would have g gotten my attention. Can't say for sure from just the video but I think I would have been able to avoid that collision. Not blaming the Jerry car at all but it does look like a late reaction and a simple 'slam the brakes and pray'.

40+ years of riding motorcycles has made me hyper-aware of what's going on around me when I'm on the road. I assume the other guy is going to do something stupid.