Jerry Jones's OBJ obsession

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
There used to be several here who liked to pretend that "Jerry gets who Jerry wants."

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Who cares….they literally didn’t sign him and then didn’t even go after him in free agency. We have made it to the part where we get mad at Jerry for stuff he actually passed on huh?
How do you know OBJ didn't pass on Jerry instead? Maybe OBJ was just toying with everyone to try and get the biggest contract possible?

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
How do you know OBJ didn't pass on Jerry instead? Maybe OBJ was just toying with everyone to try and get the biggest contract possible?

Then wouldn’t paying him whatever it took to land him (which didn’t happen) fit the definition of “obsessed” like the op erroneously said?

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Jerry WANTED him though. What part of that confuses you? And why are you defending the worst Owner/GM in the NFL?

Wanting a player at a certain price point is one thing being obsessed is another- which is the title of this thread btw. Lol. Secondly, I can want a new car but then when I take it for a test drive- not be happy with it and decide it’s not for me. The cowboys wanted obj on paper then when they looked into him and his Injury and ask they passed on him, pretty well documented.

Lastly, you’ve said Jerry is the worst owner in the league, so then criticize him for **** that actually happened then and that’s fine, there’s plenty of that to go around. Making stuff up that didn’t happen just to ***** and moan is lame and it’s inaccurate in this case so that’s why on this issue I’ll defend them.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Wanting a player at a certain price point is one thing being obsessed is another- which is the title of this thread btw. Lol. Secondly, I can want a new car but then when I take it for a test drive- not be happy with it and decide it’s not for me. The cowboys wanted obj on paper then when they looked into him and his Injury and ask they passed on him, pretty well documented.

Lastly, you’ve said Jerry is the worst owner in the league, so then criticize him for **** that actually happened then and that’s fine, there’s plenty of that to go around. Making stuff up that didn’t happen just to ***** and moan is lame and it’s inaccurate in this case so that’s why on this issue I’ll defend them.
Again, the point is Jerry wanted him when he never should have been considered. This concept goes right over your head. And you don't want a player and THEN look at his injury and character issues. They knew about those all along.

You aren't making any sense.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Again, the point is Jerry wanted him when he never should have been considered. This concept goes right over your head. And you don't want a player and THEN look at his injury and character issues. They knew about those all along.

You aren't making any sense.

The ravens and other teams wanted him too lol and they actually signed him and they just made the Championship game and are very well run and respected, what’s your point? there’s a huge difference knowing about someone’s injuries and having team doctors look at and inspect the player- which is a requisite of every nfl trade and signing. You literally can’t get an in-depth medical look at the player until they are in your facility. Lol. Get. A. Clue!

The concept isn’t going over my head, you guys are just spinning stuff to fit your narrative which is ridiculous because we have legitimate stuff we can criticize Jerry over instead of criticizing things he ALMOST did and then DIDN’T lol. Like a bunch of angry soccer moms and dads in here. The “Karen’s” of the cowboys zone

Cmac

Reaction score
Why OBJ.....when examination of performances should be on what we last saw against GB? Just wondering.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Jerry wasn't as obsessed with OBJ as he was/is obsessed with spectacle.