Jerry learn this phrase "You're fired"

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I'm tired of 25 years of no NFC Championships and SBs. Jerry stop waisting roster spots on washed up players like Lee and Witten.

Why are you letting emotions cloud your judgement? It's time this team steps over the weak and trample the dead. Let's get back to winning and forget people's feelings.

You finally have a tough HC so let him lead from the front over the sick, lame, and lazy!
He could start by firing his GM.

GMO415

Reaction score
Old war horses = 8-8

Why do you think when Jimmy came on he fired all those old players? We need to develop players not patch and glue old ones.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I'm tired of 25 years of no NFC Championships and SBs. Jerry stop waisting roster spots on washed up players like Lee and Witten.

Why are you letting emotions cloud your judgement? It's time this team steps over the weak and trample the dead. Let's get back to winning and forget people's feelings.

You finally have a tough HC so let him lead from the front over the sick, lame, and lazy!
I must’ve missed where the Cowboys signed Lee and Witten. Can you post the links?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

And what do you think he just did to Garrett and 95% of the coaching staff?

Silly post.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Let's hope it stays that way in Sept too
I think both would be great backups. Both proved they can still play. Lee had 86 tackles and Wit had 63 receptions. Their leadership in the locker room would be a big benefit as well.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I'm tired too but Witten and Lee are not in the same situations. Lee has accepted the backup / fill-in role as an older player and I think he can still contribute there next year. Witten should probably retire as I don't think he can accept that role.
I would say Lee might end up coaching LBs

cowboyed

Reaction score
The problem with Lee is he can fart and pull a back or gluteal muscle and be out a quarter to half a season. By now we should all appreciate that quality but also healthy player depth at key positions is a necessity if you expect to effectively compete during an entire season and into the playoffs. I love Lee but roster spaces are invaluable.

I think Lee could be a great locker room presence even as a coach for the Cowboys. Hope that happens some day.

ItzKelz

Reaction score

Lee is not even close to washed....

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
And what do you think he just did to Garrett and 95% of the coaching staff?

Silly post.

Sometimes I'd swear Jerry has interns defending him on this site. :muttley:

Old man finally does something he should've done years ago. Attaboy, Jerry!

Silly

Reaction score

Hindsight is 20/20 but, for example, take a look at Lee. He had a great 2016 & 2017 season. A smart gm would have traded an injury prone ageing player for draft picks when the player's stock was hot. Jerry doesn't and the team lost all the trade equity. The front office is the main reason the team fails.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I can't argue with that but I think if he's willing to play on a reasonable deal to stay with the team, he's a throwback and I think it's worth the risk. He's the kind of veteran who helps your team beyond his football skills. I'm biased of course because I love the way the dude has played the game. I'd take 22 Sean Lee's hearts any day. His body just didn't hold up.
Lee played lights out for many years. In doing so his body was brutalized. He's heading into his 15th year playing (College/Pro). Age catches up to all players. Look at Clay Matthews. Packers let him walk due to his decline in play.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Sometimes I'd swear Jerry has interns defending him on this site. :muttley:

Old man finally does something he should've done years ago. Attaboy, Jerry!

Yep he said............."YOUR FIRED".

Cant tell you how happy that makes me that the horrid Garrett is gone. Albeit 10 years too late.

fivetwos

Reaction score
If Jerry uses the, "You're Fired!" comment, it should be when he is in a room full of mirrors while wearing his D cap, Dallas sweatshirt, and cleats as he prepares to walk the sidelines at training camp as the GM.
Lol...was scrolling down, hoping no one beat me to the mirror line....and bam, you nailed it! Nice.

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
Totally agree with keeping players around too long and overpaying for marginal talent. It’s one of the downsides of being a pro athlete, when you’re no longer “good enough” you need to be let go