News: Jerry listened to the analytics team!

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Jerry got fat and decided to listen to the scouts and MM.. Good for us...

MyFairLady

Reaction score
All the analytics in the world don't mean anything when you are living in a dictatorship whose leader is ruled by emotion.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Jason Garret was arrogant. Anyone with an ounce of discernment could see that.
I would argue he was a man of conviction. He believed in his heart he knew football and how to win. Because of his strong convictions, he would not let any amount of evidence sway him otherwise. In short, he's a football idiot that believes its just bad luck that he doesn't have 5 SB trophies as a coach.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have no insider information, but suspect that the Cowboy's (and, other team's) use of "analytics' goes far beyond SPARQ ratings.

By that I mean the use of probabilistic analysis and simulations for the draft to provide insight on:. Who or what positions are available in each round, their competitor's needs and tendency's, etc.

Hopefully, their "analytics" team advised them that drafting Lamb, rather than someone else in the first would not preclude them from addressing their needs in other rounds.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stephen Jones said as much on 105.3 after the pick of Ceedee Lamb. Makes me feel bad as the guy is playing his way out of the team. A great pick whom we will not be able to afford when his contract comes due.
We'll keep two out of three. Time will tell.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Red Jesus is a reflection of ownership. This franchise makes decisions based on emotion and history. It worked well 25 years ago so it should work now. Brilliant.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I'm not sure I'm crediting that.
Me neither. I can credit the Joneses for making the right picks, listening to what the new coach wanted, but the fact is that LUCK played a HUGE roll in our draft. Value players had to be left hanging there unexpectedly in order for someone to make the right choices. I also wonder how great our reviews would have been if we had selected These players (not lamb) in the rounds where we supposedly graded them.

Diggs in round 1 and Gallimore or Biadasz in round 2 may not have been as exciting.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Baltimore is garbage a garbage QB, that eventually will find himself in a backup role
confused-face.jpg