Jerry Looked Freaking Pissed At End Of Game

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I just rewatched the game and I just now noticed that Jerry was on the sideline during the onside and he like freaking lost it when Hurd muffed it.

He has his head down and has like both fist clinched together like he is trying to strangle somebody. He looked very, very, very pissed.

I didnt notice it watching the game live because I fell out of my chair in disbelief that we lost to the freaking Skins when Hurd missed that catch. After staring at the floor for 5 mins, I finally snapped out of it.

I would beat my house that Wade is freaking done as HC if we dont make it to atleast the NFC Championship, seriously. Jerry aint playing around this year.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2294799 said:
I just rewatched the game and I just now noticed that Jerry was on the sideline during the onside and he like freaking lost it when Hurd muffed it.

He has his head down and has like both fist clinched together like he is trying to strangle somebody. He looked very, very, very pissed.

I didnt notice it watching the game live because I fell out of my chair in disbelief that we lost to the freaking Skins when Hurd missed that catch. After staring at the floor for 5 mins, I finally snapped out of it.

I would beat my house that Wade is freaking done as HC if we dont make it to atleast the NFC Championship, seriously. Jerry aint playing around this year.

Well-I just hope the post-Bill P syndrome isn't hitting us.

When he left the NYG at the last minute, they were stuck with Ray Handley as their only emergency. You saw that team implode.

When he left NE after doing his little TO act before/after that SB, their only emergency option was Pete Carroll. They lost their discipline.

When he left the NYJ, it became one big mess as Belichick took the job and then resigned the next day, only to get stuck with Al Grogh...who ended up quitting after one year after they crashed and burned at the end.

Same happened with us 2 years ago-Bill P jumps ship LATE in the game, and it left us with only 2 decent options...Wade and Norv Turner. Sure, we were 13-3 last year despite the playoff meltdown, but as much as I hate to say it...if anything showed in today's game...

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Boysboy;2294806 said:

When he left the NYG at the last minute, they were stuck with Ray Handley as their only emergency. You saw that team implode.

When he left NE after doing his little TO act before/after that SB, their only emergency option was Pete Carroll. They lost their discipline.

When he left the NYJ, it became one big mess as Belichick took the job and then resigned the next day, only to get stuck with Al Grogh...who ended up quitting after one year after they crashed and burned at the end.

Same happened with us 2 years ago-Bill P jumps ship LATE in the game, and it left us with only 2 decent options...Wade and Norv Turner. Sure, we were 13-3 last year despite the playoff meltdown, but as much as I hate to say it...if anything showed in today's game...

You are not making me feel any better, how bout some good news:(

ChrisCanty99

Reaction score
We lost a tough game to a hated rival, but my takeaway was this:

Why in the world did a team with a 4th game head coach, who had never even called plays before- play practically perfect against a team in its second year of the Phillips system?

Wade's got to use this game to show how any single miscue can cost this team a win. Hurd's muffed onside kick. Romo's pick. Any of Newman's first half brain farts. Any of TO's drive killing drops. Watkins' brain dead 12 man penalty.

When you play a team two center miscues away from flawless, any of those mistakes will (and did) cost you the game.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy;2294806 said:

continue I would like to see where you're going with this. Once again the penalties where there when BP was here so what are you saying???

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Seems to be that this offense is set to impose its own will towards Defenses, instead of taking what the D is giving.
Rather than running plays underneath the coverage, half a playbook worth of calls underneath and in the flats could have been untilzed to suck the coverage down, and than exploit later deep.
And its not that imposing your own will is a bad thing..... when its effective!
Thats the sign of a dominant O, is when you can go right at a defenses strength and be successful.
Well, on most sundays I still believe this O can do just that, but JG is going to have to learn when its time to dial down, and go small ball and pound.

And thats just the most fixable defecit at hand. The Defense is another story, but much more of a head scartcher.
Im just not inclined to look at the level of talent on this D and think for one minute that this is not a dominant D.
This isnt being Bias, because my fav team is the Cowboys, I can discuss other teams full rosters extnsively throughout the league as well.
There is a problem from within, and Stewart honestly scares me a little, because I just dont see the adjustments and schemes that this D should be utilizing to thier advantage on a regular basis.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
ChrisCanty99;2294898 said:
We lost a tough game to a hated rival, but my takeaway was this:

Why in the world did a team with a 4th game head coach, who had never even called plays before- play practically perfect against a team in its second year of the Phillips system?

Wade's got to use this game to show how any single miscue can cost this team a win. Hurd's muffed onside kick. Romo's pick. Any of Newman's first half brain farts. Any of TO's drive killing drops. Watkins' brain dead 12 man penalty.

When you play a team two center miscues away from flawless, any of those mistakes will (and did) cost you the game.

As painful as it may be. That's the truth.

I never take the rivalry lightly. Hell, I never take the division lightly.

Hopefully the injuries are minor.

jwhardin

Reaction score
If I was Jerry, I would have a coaches meeting and it would be made clear, about the money i've spent trying to bring in the best players, just to see a total goat rope like last night. The way they use the talent on the defense is pathetic and there is no excuse for not using all the offensive weapons at their disposal.

ilovejerry

Reaction score

No kidding he has to see that little troll owner gloat now ....Im P.O as well ....dont forget hes paying for this , I know he cares more then any of us................Thats why I Love Jerry

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
He should be mad at himself. He's the one who hired a retread HC who had never won anything in his numerous chances throughout his career. And also the one who hired his wonder boy to be OC before we even had a HC.

notherbob

Reaction score
I see the Cowboys are are playing in post-season form already. :rolleyes:

This team seems to be lacking in spirit, enthusiasm and determination.

I am beginning to wonder if it has any heart.

This is a perfect example of why my enthusiasm for this team has waned; I'm not about to get all excited about a team that plays with such a lackadaisical attitude. I know what it takes to win because I was a record breaking state champion athlete in high school despite being rather scrawny and this team simply does not display a championship attitude. This team seems to me to feel that it is so good that it does not have to try its best to win but simply show up and let "shock and awe" win for them - that doesn't work.

This team has the physical assets but not the mental spirit or competitive attitude or gritty determination one sees in champions. This bunch is more like a polo team than a football team.

el_chevo

El Serrano
Reaction score
Well, hopefully he will have a chat with Garret today, and as a result, take some money away from his next paycheck. The Commanders defense dictated our offense my rear...

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
What can Jerry do? The coaches have guaranteed contracts, Newman and Hamlin just signed huge bonuses and have yet to earn a paycheck. They both stink so far. And Garrett can't even figure out how to get Felix he ball!

Jerry needs to go to Wade and Garrett and demand a screen pass to Felix Jones.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Please this is just stupid. Of course Jerry was upset so was every fan and player we had just lost. Thankfully Jerry is not going to freak out like you guys.

Boysboy

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;2294933 said:
As painful as it may be. That's the truth.

I never take the rivalry lightly. Hell, I never take the division lightly.

Hopefully the injuries are minor.

Like I said in other threads-the Commanders have a pretty good team this year. They did last year too, but Gibbs was holding this team back with his old-school, albeit stubborn philosophies. If anything, Campbell looks more relaxed this year.

jimmy40

Reaction score

I think he was more worried about the player that almost bumped into him and knocking his face crooked.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
notherbob;2295288 said:
I see the Cowboys are are playing in post-season form already. :rolleyes:

This team seems to be lacking in spirit, enthusiasm and determination.

I am beginning to wonder if it has any heart.

This is a perfect example of why my enthusiasm for this team has waned; I'm not about to get all excited about a team that plays with such a lackadaisical attitude. I know what it takes to win because I was a record breaking state champion athlete in high school despite being rather scrawny and this team simply does not display a championship attitude. This team seems to me to feel that it is so good that it does not have to try its best to win but simply show up and let "shock and awe" win for them - that doesn't work.

This team has the physical assets but not the mental spirit or competitive attitude or gritty determination one sees in champions. This bunch is more like a polo team than a football team.

Well said. I think there are a few players on the team who display that, such as Witten. But, most of them seem to be just like you stated.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

If we fire Phillips, we promote who, Garrett? The same individual who came up with one of the worst gameplans we have seen in recent years?