Jerry loves his CBs

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
CATCH17;2158395 said:
I used to feel the same way but after 20+ years of doing it and being around some of the best football minds there has ever been im sure a smart guy like him who was also a college football player has picked up on a few things.
I'm sure that's what Jerry thought after Switzer left town. :(

I really don't think Jerry makes his own evaluations. I think he sits there and watches film with the coaches and listens to what they say. I just wish he wouldn't act like he comes up with these ideas all by himself.

tunahelper

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2157860 said:
It's because Jacques Reeves and Nate Jones sucked, and you can't leave them one-on-one. In a zone, you can at least make a tackle. Man-to-man, it's a touchdown. It's that simple.

Bingo was his name O!

Football is football. Our cover guys could not stay consistently with WR's, so we had to back off into zone. This year it man up and rush em!

billknows

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2157766 said:
Yeah, that was definitely one of Jerry's lowlights yesterday. Any time he acts like he's the one who's been studying film and making evaluations, it makes you cringe.

Even your run of the mill fan could clearly see ,watching Reeves that an upgrade was needed. Jerry has ran the Cowboys for 19 yrs. I think that he evaluated the need correctly ,easy call ...hehehe ;)

TheHerd

Reaction score
lurkercowboy;2157931 said:
That is true. This is his 20th season in the NFL and has attended countless practices, minicamps, scouting visits, combines, locker rooms, games and coaching meetings. He has worked closely with Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells and the other head and assistant coaches. He has lived and breathed more NFL football than all but a select few human beings. He has millions of dollars invested in his team and has a strong motivation to learn all he can. I would say he probably knows quite a bit more than even an expert-level fan.

And don't forget he played at a very high level -albeit a long time ago.

The Panch

Reaction score
DCBoysfan;2157843 said:
trying to go off memory, I think it had to do with personnal groupings. I remember alot of times Nate Jones getting killed by Welker. And maybe we were more concern with N. Jones getting beat for big plays instead of just the first down, just my thoughs.
It wasnt just against the Patsies. Jason Campbell and Jon Kitna were embarassing our secondary on 3rd down. That's what ultimately killed this D last year. It wasnt just the fact that they were giving up so many 3rd downs, but giving up some very very long 3rd downs to wide open receivers all over the field. I just hope with the upgrade at CB, our secondary stops playing so far off the line trying not to give up the big play, only to constantly being abused on the underneath routes across the middle.