Jerry Needs to Stick to Promise on Zeke

Pass2Run

Reaction score
They were running the ball very well. The problem is that a lot of times 2nd & 5 would become 2nd & 15 after a penalty and at that point running is out of the question.

The penalties are mystifying to me. Our offense is very limited and we have to tay on schedule to even have hope of putting up some points. Getting 1-2 flags per drive is just going to be devastating considering we don't have the personnel to overcome it.

I agree. The penalties have to be cleaned up, no matter what we do.

Hard to give Zeke the ball more when the team is three and out almost every series.....

They wouldn't have been three and out every series if they went with the hot hand and got first downs.

Last edited:
Reactions: BAT

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
I totally agree. This team just is not fun to watch. I know that no matter how many we win, the inevitable collapse is imminent. This year we're lucky it happened early so now the hope doesn't have to build up to an unreasonable amount.

I don't like giving up on a season this early but what can we really hope to achieve? So do we go in to tank or soft-tank or whatever we badge it up as and try and pick really high? If just feels writing off a season just for the 2023 draft is wrong and at least entertain along the way instead.

I am seriously torn what to think.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't like giving up on a season this early but what can we really hope to achieve? So do we go in to tank or soft-tank or whatever we badge it up as and try and pick really high? If just feels writing off a season just for the 2023 draft is wrong and at least entertain along the way instead.

I am seriously torn what to think.

All we can do is watch the games. What happens past that is not up to us.

We're either going to pull off a miracle, have Rush hold down the fort, go 9-8ish and make the playoffs or the more likely scenario that we are just going to be a sub-5 win team. Either way we win. Making the playoffs gives us a punchers chance of making a run and winning very few games gives us a great chance of getting a blue-chip talent at a premium position. This is the beauty of professional sports.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
The team goes as Zeke goes, but they quit giving him the ball.

Even after he averaged over 5 YPC.

That's flat stupid.

Even the announcers last night told us before the game started, expect to see a more leaned on run game with Cooper now gone and Gallup out. Zeke was actually running well last night. Finding the holes. Having some burst. Moving the ball. So of course Moore goes away from it. And last year, we didn't feature him at all to start the year.

Moore has absolutely no feel for a game and how to adjust to how the game is unfolding. Why we didn't keep running the ball is beyond me.

Don't forget to dumb gadget trick plays for absolutely no reason at all that stalled out first drive. Stupid.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Expect Cowboys to overcompensate next game and run too much.

No matter if predictable or ineffective.

This has been trend since Campo.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh yeah. That’s why we lost last night. We stopped running the ball! Lololol

It really was part of the reason.
It was working, they were moving down field. Between Zeke running and Schultz catching passes.

then idiot Moore happened…again…with his drive killing stupidity and trick plays that never work in scoring position.

it killed the drive, settled for a FG.
Go on and get a TD there, and the game could have unfolded differently.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He looked better than last year but I will believe Zeke is back when I see a run of 15 yards or more.

He averaged over 5. Don’t always need those 15 plus yards runs as long as the chains keep moving.
Fans over rate the long runs. They really don’t happen as often as many want to believe.
oh yes, they are nice, but as long as they get first downs, ball control I will take the 5 YPC.

Except against our defense. That is the outlier in long runs. We give up way too many.

Majic

Reaction score
He averaged over 5. Don’t always need those 15 plus yards runs as long as the chains keep moving.
Fans over rate the long runs. They really don’t happen as often as many want to believe.
oh yes, they are nice, but as long as they get first downs, ball control I will take the 5 YPC.

Except against our defense. That is the outlier in long runs. We give up way too many.

Slightly disagree. Very unlikely a RB is capable of averaging 5yards per carry with no long runs for a long period. Just doesn't happen.

JBS

Reaction score
It really was part of the reason.
It was working, they were moving down field. Between Zeke running and Schultz catching passes.

then idiot Moore happened…again…with his drive killing stupidity and trick plays that never work in scoring position.

it killed the drive, settled for a FG.
Go on and get a TD there, and the game could have unfolded differently.
Hahahahahaha sure

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Zeke stunk you guys need your heads examined. He did better than 3 yards per carry but he made zero plays. No threat what so ever.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

That's flat stupid.
wait. what? is Jerry the coach? I wasn't aware. oh wait, right, Jerry is the Owner/President/GM/Coach from the booth

CWR

Reaction score

That's flat stupid.

KM is terrible and I can't pass up the opportunity to say so. Flat out terrible.

CWR

Reaction score
Zeke stunk you guys need your heads examined. He did better than 3 yards per carry but he made zero plays. No threat what so ever.

10 carries for 52 yards. He was moving the sticks, that's what he can do. We should've let him continue but we ended up in the hole with penalties and poor play calls. Zeke was fine.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That's flat stupid.
You do realize Jerry himself is “football stupid”? He’s a business genius. Football fool.

Dre11

Reaction score

Lol...he was moving the offense when they handed it to him and there weren't penalties that took the ball out his hands over 5 yards a carry.

Dre11

Reaction score
10 carries for 52 yards. He was moving the sticks, that's what he can do. We should've let him continue but we ended up in the hole with penalties and poor play calls. Zeke was fine.

Not only that he's physical, he force the defense to work.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
The RB tandem strategy was all MM.

He should have listened to Jerry when he said Cowboys go where Zeke goes.

Jerry was right.

This game at least.

uvaballa

Reaction score

That's flat stupid.
I think all of the penalties were a big reason for not running more. Way too many 1st and 2nd and longs.