Jerry on if he believes putting Jimmy Johnson in the ROH will end the franchise’s Super Bowl drought

ShortRound

Reaction score
Jerry has Netflix cameras following him right? It will make for great footage for him.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I know it makes me believe.

Nevermind good drafts, great coaching, or elite skills. We are freaking cursed.

From Romo’s bobbled snap, to the Dez catch, to Zeke’s suspension, to Pollard getting hurt last year mid-game.

Always something. I’m at the point where I’m convinced only some good Kharma or Voodoo will right this ship.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jethro is only doing this because public perception is overwhelmingly forcing his hand.

And why I’ve argued for about 30 years now if fans forced his hand with revenue he would have done things differently.

And this is not totally releasing the black cloud or jinx . It’s still in tact as long as the same dysfunctional organization is in tact.

Ok. Maybe it helps Jethro with the Football Gods. But remember his prayers were already answered in 1995. Lol

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Jethro is only doing this because public perception is overwhelmingly forcing his hand.

And why I’ve argued for about 30 years now if fans forced his hand with revenue he would have done things differently.

And this is not totally releasing the black cloud or jinx . It’s still in tact as long as the same dysfunctional organization is in tact.

Ok. Maybe it helps Jethro with the Football Gods. But remember his prayers were already answered in 1995. Lol
Yeah, too late. He sold his souls for those 3 Super Bowls. Or something similar with as many bad breaks as we’ve had the last 30 years.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Ha love it, he's starting to understand that his decisions are impacting the team....good no matter how you slice it.
I think he always has. He just hadn’t been forced publicly to take action.

The Jimmy ROH he has been roasted beyond burnt in local media. It definitely portrayed Jethro as the culprit.

Jipper

Reaction score
I think he always has. He just hadn’t been forced publicly to take action.

The Jimmy ROH he has been roasted beyond burnt in local media. It definitely portrayed Jethro as the culprit.
This is true but something has to be evolving in his mindset, I am guessing his mortality is catching up and he wants to make sure he doesn't leave this planet with regrets - whether they are selfish regrets (aka he didn't do everything he could to win) or more thoughtful ( wanting to do right for JJ and others) is totally up to question.

Regardless - good to see

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I know it makes me believe.

Nevermind good drafts, great coaching, or elite skills. We are freaking cursed.

From Romo’s bobbled snap, to the Dez catch, to Zeke’s suspension, to Pollard getting hurt last year mid-game.

Always something. I’m at the point where I’m convinced only some good Kharma or Voodoo will right this ship.
The Rowdy Jinx still exists. Nuke Rowdy, and place Wilford "Crazy Ray" Jones in the RoH to represent the 12th Man/Fans of the Cowboys.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Jerry, you might recall, when the triplets were put on the ROH, the Cowboys lost that game

So, no, putting Jimmy there is more likely to cause a loss in this game, which is a Thanksgiving Day short recovery game, as well as a division game, with Rivera playing for his coaching job.

Not a trap game, but one I would have no trouble seeing a Dallas loss.

We'll see...

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not at all a superstitious person so I don’t believe in curses. It would be great if the 28 year drought was all about Jerry not putting Jimmy in the ROH. But unfortunately our drought is really more about roster building, decision making, culture, habits, etc. JJ and SJ are at the center of all that.

JJ and SJ have certainly done some good things which we see now with the elevation of Will McClay which has delivered a major influx of draft talent, the hiring of Mike McCarthy (who is light years better than Garrett), and back to back 12 win seasons and playoff appearances. Which hadn’t happened since the 90s. All good and all worthy of the “credit” JJ so craves.

But the next hurdle this team has to clear isn’t about some mysterious curse. It’s about playing great against the better teams in the playoffs. For a multitude of reasons, we have not played our best football when it mattered most. Until that changes, we won’t be rescued by a ROH induction, although I’m certainly glad to see it finally happen.

Praxit

Reaction score
..wow! ...wouldn't that be something. Dallas gets to NFCCG, I'm a believer.. lol..

im-a-believer-monkees.gif

75boyz

Reaction score
I’m not at all a superstitious person so I don’t believe in curses. It would be great if the 28 year drought was all about Jerry not putting Jimmy in the ROH. But unfortunately our drought is really more about roster building, decision making, culture, habits, etc. JJ and SJ are at the center of all that.

JJ and SJ have certainly done some good things which we see now with the elevation of Will McClay which has delivered a major influx of draft talent, the hiring of Mike McCarthy (who is light years better than Garrett), and back to back 12 win seasons and playoff appearances. Which hadn’t happened since the 90s. All good and all worthy of the “credit” JJ so craves.

But the next hurdle this team has to clear isn’t about some mysterious curse. It’s about playing great against the better teams in the playoffs. For a multitude of reasons, we have not played our best football when it mattered most. Until that changes, we won’t be rescued by a ROH induction, although I’m certainly glad to see it finally happen.
Great post.
Last paragraph is so spot on.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
One thing for sure , if we do finally break thru whether you’re superstitious or not Jimmy's induction will be seen as some sort of reckoning for Jethro’s jinx.

I think most in sports are superstitious to some extent. Jethro admitted he was . I am as well. Players go to such extremes as wearing and or eating same thing for games days, etc.

I’m not sure why fans wouldn’t be superstitious as well. We have never liked playing in our blue jerseys regardless how much we believe or not. If you’ve ever wagered on games you go with trends and recent results when considering upcoming wagers.

Anyone who doesn’t have any superstitious tendencies I’d argue have never competed as most everyone has some quirks they adhere to or follow whether which shoe you put on first, which seat you take .. the list goes on.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Sorry guys but it won't work - Jerry sold his sole for SB 30.
Yep… prob not but the old fool is pulling out all the stops. Shoot , he thinks it 1923. Lol

We are still more doomed by his “ socks to jocks” ways as Bobhaze referred to more than any jinx from not inducting Jimmy . But to him it’s worth a shot.

He doesn’t want to let that loom over cause he believes in superstition. We have to be glad for Jimmy regardless the motives. We’ll see if it matters.

I suppose we can hope it will. But if it doesn’t at least it got Jimmy in even if it’s for all the wrong reasons.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
I truly believe getting BOO'd in his own stadium while inducting Ware into the ROH partly influenced this decision. He knows why he was BOO'd. He looked kind of shook.

links18

Reaction score
Now, Jerry should resurrect Landry and unfire him, so you can fire him with respect and dignity and then hire Jimmy again.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Now, Jerry should resurrect Landry and unfire him, so you can fire him with respect and dignity and then hire Jimmy again.
A great way to honor Tom would be to name the stadium after him. Something should have been done years ago,

Clint Murchison Jr our original owner should be inducted as well. Without him we’d never have had a NFL franchise called the Cowboys nor our 1st HOF Triplets , Tex Tom & Gil, who built our franchise into what it became for all the right reasons.