Jerry on if he believes putting Jimmy Johnson in the ROH will end the franchise’s Super Bowl drought

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I truly believe getting BOO'd in his own stadium while inducting Ware into the ROH partly influenced this decision. He knows why he was BOO'd. He looked kind of shook.
He has needed more of that over the years . I’ve argued for 30 years how much he responds to public pressure and scrutiny. But we have never forced the issue for change. Not where it really hurts . In the stadium .

LonnieElam

Reaction score
Not where it really hurts . In the stadium .
The stadium is too corporate. A seat license on the 2nd level, 50 yd line, on the Cowboys side is 250K (as of 2014). I'd estimate 30%, if not more, of all those PSL's are owned by a corporation. There will always be people there to be seen. I cringe every time I see someone wearing a jersey over a nice button-up shirt.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The stadium is too corporate. A seat license on the 2nd level, 50 yd line, on the Cowboys side is 250K (as of 2014). I'd estimate 30%, if not more, of all those PSL's are owned by a corporation. There will always be people there to be seen. I cringe every time I see someone wearing a jersey over a nice button-up shirt.
I understand but that’s where fans can cause the most damage publicly. Not everyone is in corporate seats. It could even be done outside the stadium.

instead fans have simply become apathetic or drifted away. We certainly have an odd way of showing our discontent with the product. We should have turned on him like people did Bud Light.

But this display from Cowboy fans is a great example the power of the People. It’s never too late to do what’s right.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry, you might recall, when the triplets were put on the ROH, the Cowboys lost that game

So, no, putting Jimmy there is more likely to cause a loss in this game, which is a Thanksgiving Day short recovery game, as well as a division game, with Rivera playing for his coaching job.

Not a trap game, but one I would have no trouble seeing a Dallas loss.

We'll see...
Induction is December 30th. Not this Thursday.
If I read your post correctly.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
I understand but that’s where fans can cause the most damage publicly. Not everyone is in corporate seats. It could even be done outside the stadium.

instead fans have simply become apathetic or drifted away. We certainly have an odd way of showing our discontent with the product. We should have turned on him like people did Bud Light.

But this display from Cowboy fans is a great example the power of the People. It’s never too late to do what’s right.
Oh, I see. Gotcha.

BigCowboysHomer

Reaction score
It isn't a curse. Jerry Jones made a promise to God that if the Cowboys won Super Bowl XXX he would "never ask again" to win another Super Bowl.

Jerry Jones: "The third Super Bowl that I had a chance to be involved in, I made a deal with the man upstairs and said if you'll just do it for me I'll never ask again. This will be it. If you'll let me win this third Super Bowl I won't ask again. I've been trying to re-trade that deal for the last 20 years." *laughs*
You can hear it for yourself starting at the 5:41 mark during this interview with Michael Irvin. https://www.dallascowboys.com/video/michael-irvin-interviews-jerry-jones-at-the-star-426061

Maybe God isn't happy with Jones going back on his promise by trying to "re-trade that deal", and He has been punishing Jones and his Cowboys ever since. What other explanation can there be?

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I know it makes me believe.

Nevermind good drafts, great coaching, or elite skills. We are freaking cursed.

From Romo’s bobbled snap, to the Dez catch, to Zeke’s suspension, to Pollard getting hurt last year mid-game.

Always something. I’m at the point where I’m convinced only some good Kharma or Voodoo will right this ship.
Does this mean I have to take back all of my insults to Scuba Dave, F** F*** I, II, III & IV, Tony Ohno, Quimphy, etc...because the whole time it was the 499 coaches curse?