Jerry on McCarthy: He's the big difference this year

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on @1053thefan on Mike McCarthy: “I couldn’t be more pleased with what he’s done and how he’s coached. … I really mean it. He has really made as big a difference from his head coaching vantage point as anybody could from any vantage point in the NFL.

“He’s the big difference this year.”

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
These are the same comments by jerry if we're doing good or if we're doing bad, he's always glad happy and thankful for everything!!

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I don't know how you can have watched this team through the coaching tenures of Wade Phillips, Jason Garrett, Dave Campo, etc., get Mike McCarthy, go 3 straight seasons of 12 wins and think that McCarthy is a bad coach. The guy has an amazing resume,has gotten it done and, IMO, has REALLY come out clean in the Rodgers break up (went from "how do you not have more Super Bowls with him" to "RESPECK for keeping it together so long with that guy).

MAYBE you can fire him and do better, but given the stats of coaching success, odds are you are going to do worse. I'm very team McCarthy.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones to @1053thefan on coach Mike McCarthy’s future: “I couldn’t be more pleased with what he’s done, and I really mean it. …He’s the big difference this year.” He mentioned McCarthy is under contract for next season and called him the “busiest cat in all of Texas. …So, the last thing that I want to do is spend any time talking with him about these kinds of things, on agreements, extension of agreements, especially when I’ve got one. So, that’s it.”

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've liked McCarthy since I saw him and his manager Bobby the Brain Heenan take on Hulk Hogan in the cage at Wrestlemania 2.

We will 5 count the Packers on Sunday.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry isn't firing McCarthy this year. If we get to the NFCC game, I wouldn't be surprised if McCarthy gets a contract extension.

JBS

Reaction score
I’m old enough to remember people questioning getting rid of Kellen Moore

Another fraud the Jones tried to sell us as the second coming

Dallasfann

Reaction score
These are the same comments by jerry if we're doing good or if we're doing bad, he's always glad happy and thankful for everything!!
As he should be. I strive to be like that everyday. I don't own a billion dollar sports team so I do struggle from time to time, but I hope Jerry and every person out there tries to be happy and thankful for everything. What a way to live.

Gambit

Reaction score
Jerry isn't firing McCarthy this year. If we get to the NFCC game, I wouldn't be surprised if McCarthy gets a contract extension.
I'd say give him one now.

If he doesn't though I have a feeling Jerry will replace him with Quinn to keep him here.

Not saying that's what I think is best, but certainly see Jerry doing it

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on @1053thefan on Mike McCarthy: “I couldn’t be more pleased with what he’s done and how he’s coached. … I really mean it. He has really made as big a difference from his head coaching vantage point as anybody could from any vantage point in the NFL.

That endorsement will get McCarthy through 2028 at minimum in my opinion.

Staubacher

Reaction score

Did he spread his arms out wide when he said big?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones to @1053thefan on coach Mike McCarthy’s future: “I couldn’t be more pleased with what he’s done, and I really mean it. …He’s the big difference this year.” He mentioned McCarthy is under contract for next season and called him the “busiest cat in all of Texas. …So, the last thing that I want to do is spend any time talking with him about these kinds of things, on agreements, extension of agreements, especially when I’ve got one. So, that’s it.”

Translate: It's not a question if he's returning for 2024. MM is coaching the playoff for an extension. It's really simple if the Cowboys get to the NFCCG or Super Bowl MM has all the leverage and will likely push for an extension. If they go one and done, no extension, play the final year of his deal as a lame-duck coach.