Twitter: Jerry on Parson: "I like him any place that gets defensive pressure"

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Interesting. Before the rash of injuries to the DL how many times did Quinn send Parsons to blitz Brady?

We haven’t lost a game since he has been used more at the LOS.

Brady was fortunate.

Heck, Darnold got some plays off last week when we decided Parsons better suited us by trying to cover the middle of the field.

Maverick84

Reaction score
Parson? yeah I like Parson

I think he can be up there with people like Demarcu War and Ke Norto and Rand Whit if he really applies himself

Blake

Reaction score
Interesting. Before the rash of injuries to the DL how many times did Quinn send Parsons to blitz Brady?

Lol... It was the first game of the season and first game for the rookie. It’s a process of learning how to effectively use him.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I wish Jerry would share more of his insight and talent on making money. That’s what he’s really good at. I’m not that interested in what he says about subjects he’s not that good at- like football, lol

Yeah but he's signing the checks........he'll remind you if he has to (LOL)

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Here's the question........what do you do when DLaw returns? Are you benching Gregory or DLaw? I'm not that's the answer.......
I think you play them, of course, especially Gregory. I have faith that Quinn can still find a way to effectively allow Parsons to rush the QB and cause chaos in the back field even with Randy and D-Law on the outside.

John813

Reaction score
Lol... It was the first game of the season and first game for the rookie. It’s a process of learning how to effectively use him.

It was a question, not some weird gotcha post.
I just wanted to know how many times Parsons rushed Brady. Nothing more.

Reactions: BAT

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I think you play them, of course, especially Gregory. I have faith that Quinn can still find a way to effectively allow Parsons to rush the QB and cause chaos in the back field even with Randy and D-Law on the outside.

How? go to 3-4 or moving someone to DT?????

blueblood70

Reaction score
Here's the question........what do you do when DLaw returns? Are you benching Gregory or DLaw? I'm not that's the answer.......
no you shouldn't but you can rotate a lot

bring in packages all game to make sure parsons has shot say 5-6 times again from the end..thats easy i mean its nice issue to have but MP can move all over and thats the upside..

i can easily imagine in crunch time, close games, needing big play, having one of the Giant type fronts what did they call that?

have

RG- Osa/tank- Parsons as the front four

its lie having pollard and zeke on the field at the same time will pose soem big time mismatches..

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
no you shouldn't but you can rotate a lot

bring in packages all game to make sure parsons has shot say 5-6 times again from the end..thats easy i mean its nice issue to have but MP can move all over and thats the upside..

i can easily imagine in crunch time, close games, needing big play, having one of the Giant type fronts what did they call that?

have

RG- Osa/tank- Parsons as the front four

its lie having pollard and zeke on the field at the same time will pose soem big time mismatches..

The defensive coaches are going to look at whatever offensive personnel trots out on the field and match up against it.

If they have multiple TE’s or a FB then of course you get Parsons off the LOS.. If they come out in 3 wide then you get him back on the LOS.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
How? go to 3-4 or moving someone to DT?????
That's for Quinn to figure out and I believe he will. I just don't know how you can justify not having someone as game changing as Parsons not rushing the QB a lot. He's proven to be a problem for offenses when he does this.

I believe we know know that and so does Quinn. I have faith that Quinn will figure out a way to play everyone and be effective in doing it.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If remember correctly, he had like 68 snaps against the Panthers. I would think 20-25 on Dline spread over 4 quarters would be plenty to impact a game.