Twitter: Jerry on Parson: "I like him any place that gets defensive pressure"

Zman5

Reaction score
Well, Jerry has spoken.......

Someone tell that drunk he drafted a RB with a 4th pick overall.
And this isn't a dig at Zeke. It's just to point out Jerry's another dumb comment he made in his drunken stupor.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
No doubt, Jerry should be the HC. He just plain gets it.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
LB'ers rush the passer, too. Do you think they should transition Parsons to the DE position?
I don't know what they should do. I think he is just a flat out good player and it's a good problem to have. I just feel like he is a bigger impact getting to the QB and causing chaos.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
no you shouldn't but you can rotate a lot

bring in packages all game to make sure parsons has shot say 5-6 times again from the end..thats easy i mean its nice issue to have but MP can move all over and thats the upside..

i can easily imagine in crunch time, close games, needing big play, having one of the Giant type fronts what did they call that?

have

RG- Osa/tank- Parsons as the front four

its lie having pollard and zeke on the field at the same time will pose soem big time mismatches..

Agreed. I like the flexibility (and ambiguity it causes for OCs). They can't just gameplan to take him out of the game because they won't know what capacity he will be utilized...as long as we don't get predictable.

I also think mixing in when he rushes will preserve him for the long haul season. He is still a rookie who has never had to play against grown men for 17+ games. He will feel the effects of that at some point in the season (even more so if he is taking on 300+ OL for a significant amount of snaps).

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Jerry loves him some Gregory too.

I doubt he had the highest SAT score out of any player they’ve ever graded but Gregory is smart and articulate.

His decision making sometimes isn’t the best what he is very likeable.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I believe that using Parsons primarily as a Linebacker would be wasting the best pass rusher on the team.

Keeping him at LB MAKES HIM THE BEST PRESSURE PLAYER ON THE TEAM.

Move him to DE full-time and you piss away a potential HoF career.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
You use D Law about like you’re using OSA and Golston.

Everything should be designed around Parsons ability to attack the QB.

No.

Everything should be designed around THE WHOLE DL getting to the QB.

Parsons at LB, where it keeps OL's and QB's second guessing, is how you do that.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
He's been a better DE than he has LB this year.

DE is an easier position. No, he's been doing most of his rushing, moving all around the line as a LB. You move him to one spot full-time and you make him easier to game plan.