Jerry on the Offense Line

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
The line is a development area with rookies.

Where we're at now we could look at other areas.

Lets give credit to the players we've taken.

The guys we drafted were more of a need than O-line.

Fabini has an excellent chance of being our starting RT. Brought in to complete with Petitti and other players we have here.

btcutter

Reaction score
theogt said:
The line is a development area with rookies.

Where we're at now we could look at other areas.

Lets give credit to the players we've taken.

The guys we drafted were more of a need than O-line.

Fabini has an excellent chance of being our starting RT. Brought in to complete with Petitti and other players we have here.

I really HOPE they know somethings we all don't. They have not convince anyone that this current OL can play AVERAGE next yr. We have be playing alot of two TE sets but neither Witten nor Fasano will be running passing routes. They will be trying to keep Bledsoe upright for 3 seconds.:bang2:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
btcutter said:
I really HOPE they know somethings we all don't. They have not convince anyone that this current OL can play AVERAGE next yr. We have be playing alot of two TE sets but neither Witten nor Fasano will be running passing routes. They will be trying to keep Bledsoe upright for 3 seconds.:bang2:

What are you talking about?

Both offensive tackles will be different than those that ended last season-- what more do you want?

Kangaroo

Reaction score
btcutter said:

Why is it that people think that the youngs guys are not going to be better than they where last year

Plus if Rivera back is healthy (his back had to be an issue still last year) he should play better.

Just maybe Peterman is ready for the LG or RG spot with Rivera moving over. That is a possibilty

We have to wait and see but you better hope Flo is ready to go

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Kangaroo said:
Reports have been that Flo has been at 100% for a month or so now.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kangaroo said:
Why is it that people think that the youngs guys are not going to be better than they where last year

Plus if Rivera back is healthy (his back had to be an issue still last year) he should play better.

Just maybe Peterman is ready for the LG or RG spot with Rivera moving over. That is a possibilty

I don't know what it is about these folks and the offensive line. They must have "missed" the two FA signings. The must of thought Flozell "died" instead of just being injured. They must think that Petitti is spending the whole offseason eating cheeseburgers...

btcutter

Reaction score
I see alot of HOPING. Al Johnson, Peterman and Gurode have not exactly lite the world on fire and they were high picks. Now I see alot of people hanging their hats on Petitti (6 rounder) and a fully recovered but often underachieving Flo. Why should I be concerned???? In fact, everyone should. If you have no doubts about our OL, then you really are a homer. I am just a realistic die hard cowboy fan.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
btcutter said:
I see alot of HOPING. Al Johnson, Peterman and Gurode have not exactly lite the world on fire and they were high picks. Now I see alot of people hanging their hats on Petitti (6 rounder) and a fully recovered but often underachieving Flo. Why should I be concerned???? In fact, everyone should. If you have no doubts about our OL, then you really are a homer. I am just a realistic die hard cowboy fan.

Even that shatty offensive line of last year gave us the second most passing yards a Cowboy's offense has ever had.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MichaelWinicki said:
What are you talking about?

Both offensive tackles will be different than those that ended last season-- what more do you want?
Don't forget LG.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
People who say that our offensive line will be anything like last year are crazy, and seriously pessimistic.

While we don't have a great OL, we sure do have an average one.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
btcutter said:

What else are you suppose to do? Give up on the players and bring in someone new every year?

Fabini will be solid and buy Petitti time to develop, or to find out if he's nothing more then backup.

We have a competition between two 2nd rounders at Center.

Flo is back.

We have a young LG we know very little about.

We have a solid veteran RG.

Is it perfect? No.

Is it as horrible as crybabies think it is? No.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
what more do you want?

Pace, Hutchinson, Bentley, Fanaca, Jones.

And Rolf, Ogden, and Saturday in the rotation.

And even THEN, I'd be worried about injuries.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:

Can we get P. Manning and L. Tomlinson too?

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:

I can't tell if you are kidding or serious.

The biggest annoyance with Cowboys fan is there completely unrealistic demands to have Pro Bowlers at every position and Pro Bowlers as backups.

Fans is short for "fanatics" and that is about right. I've never seen sane people be concerned about whether a third-stringer is good enough.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
cobra said:
I can't tell if you are kidding or serious.

I no longer even know myself. :D

I guess it's just that no upgrade at talent will make me sleep easy til I see the unit playing cohesively. And then the depth issue always looms large.

"On paper", I am somewhat relieved.

Reality-wise, I need to see to believe.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LaTunaNostra said:

LOL!

EXACTLY!

Honestly B. I'm more excited about this team than I have been in a long time.

Is it a SB contender? I won't go that far but it should be in every game and very capable of winning 11 games.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LaTunaNostra said:
I no longer even know myself. :D

I guess it's just that no upgrade at talent will make me sleep easy til I see the unit playing cohesively. And then the depth issue always looms large.

"On paper", I am somewhat relieved.

Reality-wise, I need to see to believe.

I look at this roster B. and think of the guys that won't make it this year compared to the last 5 years and I'm very happy. That is a sure sign of progress.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
LOL!

EXACTLY!

Honestly B. I'm more excited about this team than I have been in a long time.

Is it a SB contender? I won't go that far but it should be in every game and very capable of winning 11 games.
Yup. This is the most capable team we've fielded in almost a decade. I feel like Mont Stanley right now. "HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS!!!!!!"