Audio: Jerry on Zeke, Goodell Today 105.3 Dallas

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
http://prod.video.cowboys.clubs.nfl...udio/2017/10-October/Jerry_Fan_103117-32k.mp3

This may be in an article on the news feed forum.You may have to copy the link and place it in a browser.

Discusses the ruling, Goodell, and Halloween costumes.

This also includes a discussion about McNair of the Texans. I apologize for this, but the message is positive in regard to McNair's statement.

I have believed that the issue with Elliott would not cost Goodell his job, up until this interview. I hoped it would, but Jerry is pragmatic and may see Goodell as more positive than negative. Witness Jones accepting the fine from the NFL and not pushing back for his contract with Miles Austin during the uncapped year. He accepted that punishment. So I felt Jerry would be a team player for the league and accept this.

I no longer do. If I were Goodell, I would not by a new house soon. I believe his days are numbered.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
http://prod.video.cowboys.clubs.nfl...udio/2017/10-October/Jerry_Fan_103117-32k.mp3

This may be in an article on the news feed forum.You may have to copy the link and place it in a browser.

This also includes a discussion about McNair of the Texans. I apologize for this, but the message is positive in regard to McNair's statement.

I have believed that the issue with Elliott would not cost Goodell his job, up until this interview. I hoped it would, but Jerry is pragmatic and may see Goodell as more positive than negative. Witness Jones accepting the fine from the NFL and not pushing back for his contract with Miles Austin during the uncapped year. He accepted that punishment. So I felt Jerry would be a team player for the league and accept this.

I no longer do. If I were Goodell, I would not by a new house soon. I believe his days are numbered.

Brother from your mouth to gods ears!

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I think it’s time to admit maybe goodell is more powerful than this team. It’s terrible but true.

Not sure I agree. He was/is under a contract. The league would need something very drastic to fire him from that instrument.

Jerry parsed his words and sidestepped anything which might paint him into a corner or tip his hand. Especially when he stated there he could list out positive things Goodell has done. But it's just my feeling after listening to him perform that dance, that Jerry Jones may have second thoughts on the Commish, and has an eye on if the guy actually earns his pay.

Keep in mind I have been wrong many times before.

haleyrules

Reaction score

Elliott's issues are only truly important on a Cowboy website. The league doesn't give a hoot about a RB. Goodell is safe if he pleases the majority of his owners. Don't buy the baloney that Goodell makes any major decisions, he doesn't. He is only the front man for the majority of the owners. He does what he is ordered to do...otherwise, he would have been gone long ago and another stooge would be getting ripped by the site at this point.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it’s time to admit maybe goodell is more powerful than this team. It’s terrible but true.

He definitely isn't. The only real question is whether or not Jerry would be willing to flex his muscles to the extent probably necessary to oust Goodell. Jerry isn't going to cut off his nose to spite his face [insert own plastic surgery joke here].

But this league runs through the Cowboys.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Elliott's issues are only truly important on a Cowboy website. The league doesn't give a hoot about a RB. Goodell is safe if he pleases the majority of his owners. Don't buy the baloney that Goodell makes any major decisions, he doesn't. He is only the front man for the majority of the owners. He does what he is ordered to do...otherwise, he would have been gone long ago and another stooge would be getting ripped by the site at this point.
Is he pleasing the majority of owners?
What was up with this 17 of them not wanting his contract extended?

haleyrules

Reaction score
I don't believe Goodell matters that much. He takes his orders and applies them on behalf of the powerbase of the NFL. He is a smart business-politician that understands his base much better than Jones does.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Was that factual?? He is there, still, for a reason. This business regarding Elliott is the smallest of small potatoes outside of, say, this forum. He won't lose his job over a troublesome RB.
Yeah... I'm not sure the truth on said things. I just read stuff.
Hence the question.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I don't believe Goodell matters that much. He takes his orders and applies them on behalf of the powerbase of the NFL. He is a smart business-politician that understands his base much better than Jones does.

He makes obscene money. That carries a burden that requires more than just a lackey, if i am reading your opinion on his job correctly. If not, apologies.

haleyrules

Reaction score
He makes obscene money. That carries a burden that requires more than just a lackey, if i am reading your opinion on his job correctly. If not, apologies.
Not compared to his owners. Goodell is a highly paid front man. He makes no real decisions he is the employee of billionaires. He is still an employee and serves at the majorities discretion. Not an easy job...he must take the heat for what they want. That has always been the rub. The fan bases always rip this guy..that is the business plan of the owners. That's his real employment and he does his job very well.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Not compared to his owners. Goodell is a highly paid front man. He makes no real decisions he is the employee of billionaires. He is still an employee and serves at the majorities discretion. Not an easy job...he must take the heat for what they want. That has always been the rub. The fan bases always rip this guy..that is the business plan of the owners. That's his real employment and he does his job very well.

rags747

Reaction score
Not sure I agree. He was/is under a contract. The league would need something very drastic to fire him from that instrument.

Jerry parsed his words and sidestepped anything which might paint him into a corner or tip his hand. Especially when he stated there he could list out positive things Goodell has done. But it's just my feeling after listening to him perform that dance, that Jerry Jones may have second thoughts on the Commish, and has an eye on if the guy actually earns his pay.

Keep in mind I have been wrong many times before.
What the league has is diminishing value due to Roger's wishy washy ways. It is obvious that a stand should have been made all the way back to last year, Roger failed to do that and now we have what we have. Surely reason enough to not re-up his contract at $34m per year.

Ken

Reaction score
Roger was terrible on the Ray Rice decision, he was terrible on deflategate, he was terrible on the cap penalties for the Cowboys and Commanders, he was terrible on the Giants kicker's domestic abuse case, he was terrible on the league's stance on the cowboys having an eblem for the fallen Dallas Police officers, he was terrible on on the Kneeling issue, he was abysmal on the Zeke case.

I am sure there is a bunch more I am missing but he needs to go.

JS22

Reaction score
Listening to local radio here in AZ and they were practically giddy at Zeke's suspension. Going as far as to say that Goodell SHOULD make an example out of Zeke because of how badly he / they botched the Ray Rice situation, regardless of innocence or not. Why? Because Zeke is a "bad guy" who has had "other incidents" that would deserve a 6 game suspension anyway.