Audio: Jerry on Zeke, Goodell Today 105.3 Dallas

dwreck27

Reaction score
Is it that hard to find someone who is a glorified PR guy? I mean the White House spits them out with ease

The days of being judge and jury will no longer be a commissioner job as soon as the current CBA runs out I’m sure that’s the first thing getting ripped away

For the amount of money he gets paid I’m sure they can find SOMEONE... ANYONE that would take that money with a fresh face and voice

AzorAhai

Reaction score
I listened to this live and he was about as blunt as you could expect someone in his situation to be. He called him out harshly and pretty much laid out where he stands on his future as commissioner.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
here is the problem and how to fix the zeke issue
1. Zeke has to sue his ex gf, first, get her on stand to where she lied to police and nfl, prove that in a court of law
2. After court and public sees how she lied, tried to get others to lie under testimony, then public view changes a little, not much but a little
3. Then sue nfl and goodell, show how goodell and nfl werent fair, under usa government law and in a court of law, a person is innoncent until proved guilty, and has a right to question his accuser, something nfl wouldnt allow, even 3 judges said nfl didnt show fairness
4. show how woman that john mara hired as nfl abuse person to handle cases, only gave josh brown kicker just 1 game suspension, but all other nfc east teams 6 game suspensions, how she withheld woman that stated zekes ex gf lied and no suspension should be leveled at zeke, and why wasnt goodell at any of these hearings
theres plenty more but i think you get the jist of this, prove all these facts in a court of law, to where zeke's ex gf is under perjury penalty, goodell is a dictator on being unfair, to players if he so deems,

In a court of law, goodell cant hide, then zeke can win a judgement damage suit against his ex gf, goodell and the nfl

Verdict

Reaction score
Elliott's issues are only truly important on a Cowboy website. The league doesn't give a hoot about a RB. Goodell is safe if he pleases the majority of his owners. Don't buy the baloney that Goodell makes any major decisions, he doesn't. He is only the front man for the majority of the owners. He does what he is ordered to do...otherwise, he would have been gone long ago and another stooge would be getting ripped by the site at this point.

You are a very influential poster here and quite honestly I value what you have to say even if I don't always agree with you. I am not saying you are wrong. It is quite possible you are correct.

I initially thought the same thing. I think this Zeke deal goes far beyond the implications to the Cowboys. I really mean that.

This isn't about DV. This is Goodell and his massive ego having a who's dick is bigger contest. Goodell has forgotten who he works for and who he is serving. Salary was just Jerry's initial method of attacking Goodell indirectly.

Zeke has been railroaded. Even if he did what they say he did there is ZERO credible proof of it. To the contrary, all the credible evidence say his accuser has zero credibility.

I really think this might be the beginning of the end for Goddell. This anthem stuff is a hell of a lot bigger issue than the league thinks it is. The average Joe is sick of the protests (for the most part). Goodell has mishandled so many things it is really giving the league a black eye.

The Rice deal started this ball in motion. The problem is they are trying to over correct instead of just being even handed. Public perception is important but conistency and justice is far more important than public perception on a single incident.

Verdict

Reaction score
here is the problem and how to fix the zeke issue
1. Zeke has to sue his ex gf, first, get her on stand to where she lied to police and nfl, prove that in a court of law
2. After court and public sees how she lied, tried to get others to lie under testimony, then public view changes a little, not much but a little
3. Then sue nfl and goodell, show how goodell and nfl werent fair, under usa government law and in a court of law, a person is innoncent until proved guilty, and has a right to question his accuser, something nfl wouldnt allow, even 3 judges said nfl didnt show fairness
4. show how woman that john mara hired as nfl abuse person to handle cases, only gave josh brown kicker just 1 game suspension, but all other nfc east teams 6 game suspensions, how she withheld woman that stated zekes ex gf lied and no suspension should be leveled at zeke, and why wasnt goodell at any of these hearings
theres plenty more but i think you get the jist of this, prove all these facts in a court of law, to where zeke's ex gf is under perjury penalty, goodell is a dictator on being unfair, to players if he so deems,

In a court of law, goodell cant hide, then zeke can win a judgement damage suit against his ex gf, goodell and the nfl

Well said Joe.

khiladi

Reaction score
Is it that hard to find someone who is a glorified PR guy? I mean the White House spits them out with ease

The days of being judge and jury will no longer be a commissioner job as soon as the current CBA runs out I’m sure that’s the first thing getting ripped away

For the amount of money he gets paid I’m sure they can find SOMEONE... ANYONE that would take that money with a fresh face and voice

I’ll take it...

Reaction score
If it were just about them railroading Zeke I would say the owners would be inclined to keep Goodell. Even tack on the way that he screwed with the Patriots and maybe Goodell would still have enough support to keep his job... but the league is in a tailspin right now because of more than that, much more. The politicization, the endless commercials, the way they have officials calling games, all bad. Sure, many of the owners had a part in those decisions but Goodell is the commissioner and his stewardship has added up to crap.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
I don't believe Goodell matters that much. He takes his orders and applies them on behalf of the powerbase of the NFL. He is a smart business-politician that understands his base much better than Jones does.

But it's best not to upset the king maker.