Twitter: Jerry optimistic about Tyron Smith

MyFairLady

Reaction score
LOL our fearless leader is about the least realistic person on the planet. He was optimistic about Chad Hutchinson and Drew Henson as well.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Best response is ‘He’s hurt. He isn’t practicing or playing right now. Let’s talk about who is playing.’

Quit pretending that Tyron is needed to win. Sends the wrong message to the team overall and especially those playing right now.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Id probably give him another week given the situation. Play him vs Arizona, then make the decision from there and see where we are.
I'm sure that is the likely plan given that WFT doesn't have Chase young. Looks like Sweat is back this week.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'm sure that is the likely plan given that WFT doesn't have Chase young. Looks like Sweat is back this week.
Can always start him and pull him if we get a lead.

Obviously the biggest factor is that you and I have no idea how that ankle actually feels.

They ruled him out vs NY immediately after Wash game.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Just rest him until the playoffs. And go all out. And find his replacement this coming draft and move on. His act is old.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Well that's what Josh Ball is for.

We can hope. Frankly, I feel better about our long-term options at left tackle then maybe I should. Both Ball and moving Collins are options I'd consider.

For the short-term, I thought Nsekhe was OK but had a few struggles against the Giants. I don't remember any major mistakes by Steele when he was out there, but I'd have to go back and look.

slick325

Reaction score
Jerry is perpetually optimistic about everything I suspect. Have to give him credit for that.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even if Tyron can go. Still maybe sit him, and put him in only if needed.
See how they games go before risking him.

Normally I would say, if he can go, play him, like any other player coming off an injury. However, with Tyron, one never knows what that next injury may occur.

Hopefully his next injury occurs as he lifts the Lombardi Trophy after winning the SB this season, as he sprains his finger or something like that.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Play him for AZ we dont need him for Washington or Eagles. Save him for postseason.

aikemirv

Reaction score
The only game I would play him the rest of the regular season would be Arizona

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Even if Tyron can go. Still maybe sit him, and put him in only if needed.
See how they games go before risking him.

Normally I would say, if he can go, play him, like any other player coming off an injury. However, with Tyron, one never knows what that next injury may occur.

Hopefully his next injury occurs as he lifts the Lombardi Trophy after winning the SB this season, as he sprains his finger or something like that.
At what point do you say "yep, put time to put Tyron in?" Is it right after Steele/Nsekhe wiff on a block and Dak gets blown up on a blindside hit? Right after Zeke gets hit in the backfield for the 5th time in a row? Just curious what you see as the trigger for putting him in depending on how the game goes.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
When is Jerry not optimistic about a player? lol

lopey

Reaction score
If he is healthy he needs to play. This offensive line needs some games together to get that running game going again.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Tyron needs to miss 1 more game. I'd like to see them at full strength for the last 2 game. Rest Zeke while we are at it and nearly anyone else less than 80%.