Jerry Rice analyzes his son, Brenden, as an NFL wide receiver

RS12

Reaction score
“Very physical off the line of scrimmage,” Rice said. “I think he really relies a lot on that, I’m trying to get him to be a little bit more elusive off the line, use his quickness and all of that. Then also his route running, getting separation where he can catch the ball.”

Brenden Rice had a breakout year for the Trojans last year after spending the first two seasons of his college career at Colorado. In his second season in Los Angeles, Rice had a career-high 45 catches for 791 yards and 12 touchdowns, establishing himself as one of the best big play threats in the country.

Making explosive plays has been a part of Rice’s game for quite some time, averaging 20 yards per catch in his freshman season with the Buffaloes and 17.6 yards per catch in his final season with USC. And as he looks to translate his game to the next level, he has one of the game’s best of all time in his corner giving him support and guidance.

“So just little things like that, I’ll film little things on him, then I’ll just try to make those corrections. But overall, a hard worker and he loves the game of football and he’s gonna give everything on the football field,” Jerry Rice said.

Jerry was also asked to give a biased report on his son, with Pelissero asking what kind of kid his son is.

“Good kid, very good. Much better than me, I’ll just say that,” Rice laughed and said.

https://www.on3.com/pro/news/jerry-...nden-usc-wide-receiver-senior-bowl-nfl-draft/

RS12

Reaction score
When the GOAT speaks we should listen. Wondering about the separation part of his comments? Wonder if he is like the old man as in, if he gets a step you arent catching him?

cnuball21

Reaction score
Interesting prospect…his testing will be big for me.

Need to some some burst and short area quickness to know he can develop route running and be a separator at the next level.

rambo2

Reaction score
Interesting prospect…his testing will be big for me.

Need to some some burst and short area quickness to know he can develop route running and be a separator at the next level.
He clearly gets seperation.