Jerry Rice slams Plaxico Burress

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Giants | Rice slams Burress
Sat, 17 Jun 2006 06:16:56 -0700

Steve Serby, of the New York Post, reports former NFL WR Jerry Rice thinks New York Giants WR Plaxico Burress made a mistake after the 2005 season ended. On the "Afternoon Blitz" on Sirius NFL Radio, Rice ripped Burress for saying he did not regret blowing off the exit meeting the day after the Giants' humiliating playoff loss to the Carolina Panthers. "After losing a game of that magnitude, for him not to show up at the last team meeting? I'm sorry, Plaxico, that doesn't go that far with me. If you're going to be a complete player you've got to be a leader and, even when things don't go right, you've still got to be a professional. You've got to show up and you've got to let the younger guys know this is the way we do things around here. I don't know where he's coming from, but I was very surprised by that." Rice also did not like that Burress was training in Florida and not with his teammates in New Jersey.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I'm sure that Plaxico could give two ****'s about what Jerry Rice thinks. Plaxico just isn't the type to respect anyone.

Manster68

Reaction score
and if that were Owens pulling that in Dallas?

I just cannot imagine the media explosion.

Star Struck

Reaction score
That just shows Burress' true personality. He' s in it for himself and not the team...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
AsthmaField said:
I'm sure that Plaxico could give two ****'s about what Jerry Rice thinks. Plaxico just isn't the type to respect anyone.

As I've often noted, Plaxico Burress has a ROTTEN reputation with the police in his home town... sometimes, people grow up, but Plax the Punk seems to be the same charming sociopath he's always been...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear said:
As I've often noted, Plaxico Burress has a ROTTEN reputation with the police in his home town... sometimes, people grow up, but Plax the Punk seems to be the same charming sociopath he's always been...

notice we're staying away from these guys we had a chance to sign, and "need", for? guess TO isn't that bad of a guy then

DWelch1775

Couch Warmer
Reaction score
I can't wait to see how Burress reasponds to the remarks made by Rice. I think he needs to suck it up because Rice is right.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
I agree with Jerry, yuck! But what I don't get is these headlines lately. Jerry didn't slam Plaxico he was just critical. When did slam = criticize? I get tired of all of these sensationalism headlines that promises big for controversy sake and delivers small. /end rant.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Its the way the mediots are. though probably some of the pressure comes from moronic editors, etc who seem to think that is the way you are supposed to do it.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Its the way the mediots are. though probably some of the pressure comes from moronic editors, etc who seem to think that is the way you are supposed to do it.
I agree and it is occuring more and more frequently.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
notice we're staying away from these guys we had a chance to sign, and "need", for? guess TO isn't that bad of a guy then

Fully agree, i remeber when fans were slamming BP, and Jerry Jones, cause they wouldn sign Burress, i mean they were calling for his head, and hmm i wonder what there thinking now?