Jerry should learn a thing or two from Mark Cuban

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Jerry knows how to do this. He just don't wanna.
True. He's been gun-shy ever since he shot himself in the foot with the Brandon Carr signing. Don't know if I've ever seen someone bury their six-shooters so deeply as Jones has.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Signing Daron Payne or some DT with similar talent will help this team immensely. Let's see what if anything the FO will do

Mannix

Reaction score
I thought this was a joke before I read the OP's thread....Cuban has been TERRIBLE at attracting FA's....he was just worried about losing Doncic.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The risk we should’ve taken is trading Dak to the team foolish enough to give him the deal that we did.

We should’ve done exactly what Washington did with Cousins but instead actually got draft picks for him.

We’d be way better off today then stuck in the middle where Jerry admittedly likes to be.

Hardline

Reaction score
I would rather Jerry be like Robert Kraft. What had Mark Cuban done since 2011? He blew up a championship team.

Motorola

Reaction score
A Dallas owner actually willing to take a risk to make his team better
IMO - don't know if Mavericks HC Jason Kidd can make this thing work.
Irving has a championship - but that was with Lebron in charge.

Luka is in his fifth season with the Mavs, therefore is the
A) Face of the franchise
B) Team Leader

Kyrie must come in with the mindset he is "Alpha Dog No. 2", and thus work his way in to becoming an equal = COLEADER with Doncic.

J817

Reaction score
Yeah but Kyrie Irving is crazy
He’s a small level down from Antonio Brown.

There are reports that’s suggest that Luka requested that something happen at the trade deadline. This move is Cuban’s desperate attempt to give Luka a star running mate. This move can either be a home run or disaster (especially if they can’t sign him to an extension). Judging by Kylie’s track record, it will most likely will be a disaster.

The Mavericks FO is the last FO Jerry needs to emulate.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Mark Cuban almost wasted Dirk Nowitzki's career by making him try to do everything by himself. If the league had not been injury plagued in 2011 ....... his entire career would have been wasted.

Cuban thinks putting gaming and espresso machines in the players lockers make him a good owner.

gmb1

Reaction score
It is strange how Cuban wanted Kyrie considering his personal stances on a few topics. :confused: