Jerry Springer passed away

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Well that just ruined draft night. It makes me want to go have an affair with my brother's wife, or fist fight my sister. I actually new a girl who went on the show with her Mom and pretended some role for the cash. They paid for her and her mother a week in a hotel in LA and a free vacation so they went and played the trashy part.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well that just ruined draft night. It makes me want to go have an affair with my brother's wife, or fist fight my sister. I actually new a girl who went on the show with her Mom and pretended some role for the cash. They paid for her and her mother a week in a hotel in LA and a free vacation so they went and played the trashy part.
Did they go to LA after the show? Last I knew, the show was still in Stamford, CT.

Big_D

Reaction score
Jerry, Jerry, Jerry!!! One last chant for the road.. RIP and thanks for the years of some pretty enjoyable TV.

DcFootball4

Reaction score
RIP Jerry. I will always remember getting home from middle school in the later 90s, throwing on TRL, doing some homework, then once 5 o’clock rolled around my step dad would yell up the stairs “Come on boys, Springers on!” A nice chance to hang out and laugh our butts off at the crazy things they got up too.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
RIP, but never liked him.

He was the pioneer of slop TV, opening the door for losers like Dr. Phil.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I've known two different people that were on Springer. The girl I knew went on with her best friend and her husband, the bit was that she was cheating with her bf's husband because he loved her cooking and hated his wife's cooking....lol o_O It was a free party, but they were only there a couple of days.

The guy I knew, it was earlier on and it wasn't a bit and he got ambushed. She had convinced him that she had won a couple tickets to the show, when they went to the show a producer asked them to film a quick promo saying, Thanks for the tickets etc. then she tells him that she was cheating with his best friend when the tape started rolling..... They separated and divorced right after that.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
The originator of the worst type of television
I dunno. There's much worse than his show. I don't even know what genre "Real Housewives" falls into, but whatever it is, that has to be worse than Springer. The worst has got to be stuff like the Kardashians. Just following people around to follow people around?

Not that I watch any of it, but if you were going to torture me by strapping me to a chair and having me watch something like in the scene from A Clockwork Orange, I wouldn't break from Springer as fast as I would from that other trash.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I dunno. There's much worse than his show. I don't even know what genre "Real Housewives" falls into, but whatever it is, that has to be worse than Springer. The worst has got to be stuff like the Kardashians. Just following people around to follow people around?

Not that I watch any of it, but if you were going to torture me by strapping me to a chair and having me watch something like in the scene from A Clockwork Orange, I wouldn't break from Springer as fast as I would from that other trash.
My point was it started it.

The worst right now is that 500 pound life and that trans kid show.

Just the worst type of "entertainment"

Big_D

Reaction score
Not just a shock TV personality.

Born in London in 1944 to refugees who escaped the holocaust
Attended Northwestern University School of Law
Worked for the campaign of Robert Kennedy in 1968
Became the 56th Mayor of Cincinnati in 1977

quickccc

Reaction score
I was so shocked and saddened when I heard the tragic news of his passing.

I've longed watched Jerry's show before it became a hell raising circus.
Back when his show was much more serious toned with serious subjects and guests.
Some things changes the dynamics.

What i could never get was his show ending dialogue: " Take care of yourself, ..and each other "
Whaaat ??!! ... Take care of each other after seeing guests hair pull, .fist punch, .slap, and MMA wresting on a every show basis ?

As much as i liked Jerry in his earlier day and age of his shows, it came to a point where i wanted it to end, as not to further influence the
yahoos that crave and subject to that kind of violence.

i did enjoy his appearance on Dancing with the Stars ..

RIP Jerry.