Thanks for all the laughs:

:lmao:

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
SEINFELD-FESTIVUS.jpg

The Festivus won't be the same with out you

Fact:

The first Festivus happened way back in 1966, and it was celebrated by a man named Daniel O'Keefe and the future Mrs. O'Keefe, his girlfriend Deborah. After that, the O'Keefe family celebrated Festivus throughout the 60s and 70s.

At first, Festivus was not a December holiday, as it could occur any time of year. Daniel O'Keefe liked to record the holiday as it was celebrated by his family, particularly one specific event of the holiday in which all family members spoke about what was bothering them. Later, on "Seinfeld," this would become the Airing of Grievances.

Daniel O'Keefe had a son named Dan, who grew up to become a writer. Dan O'Keefe was hired as a writer on "Seinfeld," and shared Festivus with the rest of the world. Dan didn't actually want to include the weird holiday in the show, but the other writers of the series -- along with star Jerry Seinfeld -- asked him to do it after one of Dan's brothers accidentally blabbed about the holiday in front of his co-workers.

source

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's in my #1 or #2 spot for sure. Kind of in a tug-a-war with Frasier for me.

No matter where it rates on a personal level though it's a damn good series. The Contest may be my favorite episode of any television show ever. :lmao:

It is hard to rank any one episode over another, but I love this one:

It also includes Kramer stealing the lobsters!

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I honestly thought he passed away a couple of years ago. I'm a big "King of Queens" fan mainly because of Arthur Spooner being so funny. What a great long life he had. RIP Mr. Stiller.