Jerry throwing a fit over Brooks?

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
My theory is that once Brooks was taken Jerry lost interest in taking a running back. Passed on a cple good ones we could have had. Jerry was in love with the guy. Even said so. Said brooks was the best visit and interview he ever had. He got picked. Jerry lost it and refused to go another direction. Essentially throwing a tantrum like a five year old. So he will bring his second favorite son home Zeke. Which is good for me cuz now I can bring my Elliot jersey out of mothballs.
Thoughts?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I don't think there was any real interest, once we talked to zeek that solidified everything!!

lostar2009

Reaction score
They could've draft down and got him. Tbh, I dont think anyone had Guyton as a first rounder.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My theory is that once Brooks was taken Jerry lost interest in taking a running back. Passed on a cple good ones we could have had. Jerry was in love with the guy. Even said so. Said brooks was the best visit and interview he ever had. He got picked. Jerry lost it and refused to go another direction. Essentially throwing a tantrum like a five year old. So he will bring his second favorite son home Zeke. Which is good for me cuz now I can bring my Elliot jersey out of mothballs.
Thoughts?
Nahhhh If Jerry wanted him that bad he would have traded up and got his man.
Welcome back 21...............or will it be 15?

Brooksey

Reaction score
Thoughts?
He never wanted him

Jarntt

Reaction score
Thoughts?
Where do you guys come up with these bizarre scenarios?

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Where do you guys come up with these bizarre scenarios?
Dude that’s Jerry personality. Always has been. You don’t know that, you don’t know Jerry. I have watched Jerry since 1983 when he first tried to buy the chargers. He has always had that moxy and that ego about him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We showed our hand as usual.
The fact that we showed so much interest in him makes me think it was a diversion and we were never going to take him. He’s not going to be ready to play until sometime during the regular season. Some were saying he could be red shirted his rookie year. I’m glad he was off the board. No assurances he’ll return to form after the injury.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Nahhhh If Jerry wanted him that bad he would have traded up and got his man.
Welcome back 21...............or will it be 15?
We are getting the band back together again so we can once again witness that head scratcher of a play where Zeke snapped the football to Dak at the end of the playoff game against the 49-ers.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The fact that we showed so much interest in him makes me think it was a diversion and we were never going to take him. He’s not going to be ready to play until sometime during the regular season. Some were saying he could be red shirted his rookie year. I’m glad he was off the board. No assurances he’ll return to form after the injury.
I considered the diversion angle, but Jerry can't shut his mouth. Maybe he's smart enough to smokescreen.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We are getting the band back together again so we can once again witness that head scratcher of a play where Zeke snapped the football to Dak at the end of the playoff game against the 49-ers.
They will ride into the FA sunset after the season together forever baby!!!!

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I can see us walking into the season with Zeke, Dalvin Cook and Dowdle. Zeke is definitely coming as a short yardage and goal line guy. I could see them signing Cook and splitting carries with Dowdle.

stiletto

Reaction score
Get ready for another year of "cement shoes" Zeke. 2 yards and a cloud of dust is going to be back.