Jerry throwing a fit over Brooks?

Motorola

Reaction score
If you truly believe in your theory - then access blame and lack of foresight to GM Jones for standing pat at pick no. 56 - thinking Brooks would be there for him to select without any contenders.

By most accounts, the stellar Longhorn RB would have been a 1st-round graded, 1st-round ranked, and 1st-round selected player had he not suffered that major injury late in his final college season.

Apparently - which turned out to be erroneously - Jones' scouting department + FO staff didn't do enough investigation to find out that at least one other team = the Panthers - were still in on obtaining Brooks despite his setback.
Then in a post-1st round draft presser (do the other 31 GMs conduct one?) Jones blabs on and on about his appreciation of Brooks in his contract with the former Texas standout player.

That gave Carolina - a team that might have chosen the wrong QB in last year's draft - a feasible solid offensive weapon to relieve said 2nd-year QB of the pressure to over extend his talents and efforts.

rambo2

Reaction score
My theory is that once Brooks was taken Jerry lost interest in taking a running back. Passed on a cple good ones we could have had. Jerry was in love with the guy. Even said so. Said brooks was the best visit and interview he ever had. He got picked. Jerry lost it and refused to go another direction. Essentially throwing a tantrum like a five year old. So he will bring his second favorite son home Zeke. Which is good for me cuz now I can bring my Elliot jersey out of mothballs.
Thoughts?
You're crazy.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
My theory is that once Brooks was taken Jerry lost interest in taking a running back. Passed on a cple good ones we could have had. Jerry was in love with the guy. Even said so. Said brooks was the best visit and interview he ever had. He got picked. Jerry lost it and refused to go another direction. Essentially throwing a tantrum like a five year old. So he will bring his second favorite son home Zeke. Which is good for me cuz now I can bring my Elliot jersey out of mothballs.
Thoughts?
Thoughts? You couldn’t be more off base John Wayne at a Madonna concert.