Jerry's ego

foofighters

Reaction score
Is it me or does it seem like after a couple of years of mellowing from Jerry that he's back to being an unstable egomaniac this season?

- He made the combine all about him with Garrett contract talk.
- He made the preseason all about him vs Zeke. For the most part, the noise was coming from Jerry's side.
- He called into the flagship radio station to rip a radio host who was critical of him.
- Despite Dak/Amari remaining mum about their future deals, Jerry continues to discuss the topic openly to the media.
- Rips the coaches after the Patriots game. Players like Zach Martin and Travis Frederick called it "outside noise".
- Cries after the Buffalo game...who does that?
- Now he's opining about Jason and his future, gaslighting the fanbase by asserting Garrett will be coaching in the league next year.

The guy is just on a huge ego trip this season. Idk why I thought he was making progress.
Is large and in charge and that's a bad combination.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Hes a businessman before anything you need profit and hes done just that

he knows theres more money in hating the cowboys than liking them.....

look at the Cowboys....#1 talked about in sports all across the world

now imo

i want a superbowl and i want Garrett gone asap

You mean across the Country

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Is it me or does it seem like after a couple of years of mellowing from Jerry that he's back to being an unstable egomaniac this season?

- He made the combine all about him with Garrett contract talk.
- He made the preseason all about him vs Zeke. For the most part, the noise was coming from Jerry's side.
- He called into the flagship radio station to rip a radio host who was critical of him.
- Despite Dak/Amari remaining mum about their future deals, Jerry continues to discuss the topic openly to the media.
- Rips the coaches after the Patriots game. Players like Zach Martin and Travis Frederick called it "outside noise".
- Cries after the Buffalo game...who does that?
- Now he's opining about Jason and his future, gaslighting the fanbase by asserting Garrett will be coaching in the league next year.

The guy is just on a huge ego trip this season. Idk why I thought he was making progress.

You forgot to mention that boat...

jnday

Reaction score
Jerry is getting up there in age and he knows that time is limited. I think the high hopes and the terrible games has finally got to him which ended up with him being in tears. He knows the door closed a lot on this version of the Cowboys and he may not be around for another rebuild. It is kinda pathetic in a way.

nobody

Reaction score
Is always on display..

We should make this a Jerry word association thread/game.

You want to see nothing but censored words and notice that a bunch of people are now benched?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I expect him on the sidelines at some point tonight:thumbup:

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Jerry has the uncanny ability to talk for 30 minutes without saying anything. I wish the media would stop paying attention to that idiot

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Honestly I think it's the sauce. I love drinks myself but I don't want to be interviewed when I'm drinking. Jerry sits up there with his Blue and as per all of us that have imbibed here and there, some days you are emotional and others angry...some happy and cheerful. He is a good salesman because you can "folksy" anything up and people will buy. But with football we are just seeing a mix of senility/drink. I'm sure the next day he's like..."well what do we do now." He's a disaster. I wouldn't be surprised if JG wanted out.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ego drive is a necessary component for success; ego driven is a component of a man's own undoing.

Booger has been filtering the Cowboys through himself and making decisions based on his own comfort level and reward. He doesn't want to accept the fact that the reason he's enjoying that success today is because it was all about winning in the past, the money was the byproduct of winning. He does not accept how this team earned that America's Team label, he just wants to exploit it.

erod

Reaction score
What owner gives injury updates after the game? Jerry.

Garrett is trying to preach focusing on today and this next game, while Jerry is talking about making a Super Bowl run.

What has the Seattle owner said lately? Or even their GM? Go through all the contenders and ask those questions. They've said nothing; they let their coaches be the mouthpieces for their teams as they should.

How is any coach supposed to "lead" a team when the owner is constantly front and center?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
He literally over ruled his coach publicly on evaluating the kicking positioning . It happened this week . He’s as bad as he’s ever been and the reason the team has been mediocre for almost a quarter century now .
That's a myth perpetuated by Troy. They did look at kickers. Jason even mentioned the three or four guys they were bringing in at his PC.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
That's a myth perpetuated by Troy. They did look at kickers. Jason even mentioned the three or four guys they were bringing in at his PC.
This wasn't a myth at all. JG told us before the presser you're talking about that they're evaluating the situation and the FO contradicted him.