Jerry's Kids

rcaldw

Reaction score
For all those who criticize Jerry Jones for his attempts to bring on players who could potentially impact this team positively, I offer this opinion.

1. Terrell Owens looked very good today, and in fact, the QB play was far below the ability shown by this receiver. Owens and Terry Glenn form the best 2 punch the Cowboys have had in years.

2. I really think that if Parcells had had his way he would have loved to have cut Vanderjagt before the season started. Well, today we saw, once again, our need for the very kind of kicker that Jones signed.

I have not been shy about saying that I'm not a big Bill Parcells fan. There are times that I listen to him and like him, there are a lot more times that I think he is stubborn to a terrible fault, and tries to prove a point at the expense of what seems to be the best decision. I know I can't prove that, it just an impression I get.

For all criticism that people might give Jones, from what I saw today, his two big signings were right. One looked great today, the other looked to be greatly needed today.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
rcaldw said:
For all those who criticize Jerry Jones for his attempts to bring on players who could potentially impact this team positively, I offer this opinion.

1. Terrell Owens looked very good today, and in fact, the QB play was far below the ability shown by this receiver. Owens and Terry Glenn form the best 2 punch the Cowboys have had in years.

2. I really think that if Parcells had had his way he would have loved to have cut Vanderjagt before the season started. Well, today we saw, once again, our need for the very kind of kicker that Jones signed.

I have not been shy about saying that I'm not a big Bill Parcells fan. There are times that I listen to him and like him, there are a lot more times that I think he is stubborn to a terrible fault, and tries to prove a point at the expense of what seems to be the best decision. I know I can't prove that, it just an impression I get.

For all criticism that people might give Jones, from what I saw today, his two big signings were right. One looked great today, the other looked to be greatly needed today.

Vanderjagt was a Parcells signing all the way. It was even mentioned they had to talk Jerry into spending money to get him

rcaldw

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Vanderjagt was a Parcells signing all the way. It was even mentioned they had to talk Jerry into spending money to get him

Not saying you are wrong, but that is the first I've heard that. Didn't Parcells say that Vanderjagt's salary cost the team a couple of the players they recently released?

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
rcaldw said:
Not saying you are wrong, but that is the first I've heard that. Didn't Parcells say that Vanderjagt's salary cost the team a couple of the players they recently released?
It wasn't the salary, it was the fact that he had to keep Vandy & Suisham. You're right tho, that Jerry's kids do look to be good & needed.

To his credit, TO is saying the right things & in the right tone of voice.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
rcaldw said:

"Thee" Vanderjagt? The two 30+ yard chip shot misses in preseason Vanderjagt?;)

#81 did not look very good today. He looked ok. Lotsa work to be done between him and Bledsoe.