Jerry's Logic

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I believe all 3 players Dallas drafted will be decent players. What bothers me was listening to Jerry's logic on passing up Mendenhall for Felix Jones.

Jones stated that Jones was more compatible running a 2 back system, so what who gives a darn. I don't want to hear a guy is best for sharing I want to hear you drafted the best player on your board. Tell me Jones style fits the offensive scheme better and what you are trying to do offensively not that he is use to sharing.

I think Felix will be productive and make some big plays but Mendenhall is clearly the better overall player in my opinion. Jerry's logic is flawed when it comes to the draft it brings back far too many memories of the late 90s.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
His versitality is a huge reason that we picked him over Mhall

Hong2221

Reaction score
someonel ike jamaal charles could've been a good compliment to Barber at a lower pick... wh spend a first round on a compliment player? we use that **** on a damn starter, or somebody that can carry the load! i'm mad that the ravens took ray rice!

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Now we gotta see all those who's better Jones or Mendenhall threads.. Jones , Jackson pt.II . Ware, Merriman pt.II

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
And just what other player could we have taken at # 22 that would have started this year? I'm waiting. Here's what I'm hearing from you and many like you. If you can't dazzel em with brillance, baffle em with bull****!!!!! That's what I'm hearing from the likes of you. Please tell me, would Mendenhall have started over Barber?

CPonder14

Reaction score
Hong2221;2055356 said:
someonel ike jamaal charles could've been a good compliment to Barber at a lower pick... wh spend a first round on a compliment player? we use that **** on a damn starter, or somebody that can carry the load! i'm mad that the ravens took ray rice!

Charles is a fumbling machine you want that?

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Star4Ever;2055377 said:
And just what other player could we have taken at # 22 that would have started this year? I'm waiting. Here's what I'm hearing from you and many like you. If you can't dazzel em with brillance, baffle em with bull****!!!!! That's what I'm hearing from the likes of you. Please tell me, would Mendenhall have started over Barber?
so you'd take mendenhall over felix?

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Dont mind the picks, But does send a strong signal the Jerry Jones could try his hand at coaching soon.

But I really like what the packers did an all-American WR / a good QB and a decent CB and they didnt have two #1s

WR Jordy Nelson
QB Brain Brohm
CB Patrick Lee

Just what did the cowboys get anyway.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Star4Ever;2055377 said:

Mendenhall may or may not be able to beat out Barber but Barber is an UFA next year and may not be around. I know Mendenhall can handle 25 carries a game if MB3 gets hurt or leaves next year, you can not say the same about Felix Jones.

You dont pass on potential studs and pick up role players that is stupid. You take the best possible player, so you have depth and starters if someone goes down or leaves through FA. Anyway you slice it his logic is flawed. It no different then using draft picks on special teams players, like he did in the 90s.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Who cares, all the backs are the same. We have two backs that can compliment each other, block, catch, grind the defense down, then blow by them. This O could be scary. I am happy with Jones. We became a better team today, without a doubt.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Doomsday;2055425 said:
Mendenhall may or may not be able to beat out Barber but Barber is an UFA next year and may not be around. I know Mendenhall can handle 25 carries a game if MB3 gets hurt or leaves next year, you can not say the same about Felix Jones.

You dont pass on potential studs and pick up role players that is stupid. You take the best possible player, so you have depth and starters if someone goes down or leaves through FA. Anyway you slice it his logic is flawed. It no different then using draft picks on special teams players, like he did in the 90s.

When Felix Jones averages over 5 yards per carry next season and has 10 plays of 20 yards or longer you'll be singing a different tune. The guy is more versitile, and is a bigger home run threat.

Personally, I like the decision of Jones over Mendenhall, and I wasnt a proponent of picking a RB in the first.

Reaction score
Vinnie2u;2055376 said:
Now we gotta see all those who's better Jones or Mendenhall threads.. Jones , Jackson pt.II . Ware, Merriman pt.II

Yep it's going to be interesting because Mendenhall won't start in Pittsburgh either... They have Willie Parker.

jjktkk

Reaction score
Doomsday;2055325 said:
I believe all 3 players Dallas drafted will be decent players. What bothers me was listening to Jerry's logic on passing up Mendenhall for Felix Jones.

Jones stated that Jones was more compatible running a 2 back system, so what who gives a darn. I don't want to hear a guy is best for sharing I want to hear you drafted the best player on your board. Tell me Jones style fits the offensive scheme better and what you are trying to do offensively not that he is use to sharing.

I think Felix will be productive and make some big plays but Mendenhall is clearly the better overall player in my opinion. Jerry's logic is flawed when it comes to the draft it brings back far too many memories of the late 90s.

Although I would of preferred Mendenhall over Jones, Jones provides more versatility than Mendenhall. Jones is faster and more explosive, plus IMO the biggest reason the Cowboys picked Jones over Mendenhall is Jones dynamic kickoff return ability.

links18

Reaction score
If anything, picking Jones over Mendenhall pretty much guarantees Barber will be signed to a big extension. Picking Mike Jenkins sends a pretty strong message that Newman won't be here in 2009.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Felix shared carries from the time he was a freshman, the past 3 seasons with DMac. The Arkansas coaches didn't do that because they felt sorry for Felix. They did it because he was an explosive player, just a notch below DMac.

I'll take that kind of 3 year production over a one year wonder in Mendenhall. One year wonders scare me.