Jerry's Trade up comments

Verdict

Reaction score
I hope Jerry is just blowing smoke. It would be a real dose of salt in the wound if they took a comp pick that they wanted so desperately to earn and pissed it off to move up to a spot we would have already had if we had just lost the Eagles game. That is going to piss a lot of people off.

conner01

Reaction score
I hope Jerry is just blowing smoke. It would be a real dose of salt in the wound if they took a comp pick that they wanted so desperately to earn and pissed it off to move up to a spot we would have already had if we had just lost the Eagles game. That is going to piss a lot of people off.
If a comp pick is all it cost to move up for a Vea or Smith I’d be all for it
It won’t be that cheap though and I’d be more excited about a move down than a move up

Verdict

Reaction score
We have 10 picks, we need to get more quality players imo.

We need to stay put or move down though in round one. The cost is too high to move up.

Use the lower picks to move around in round 4 or lower to target a good remainingplayer that fits.

irishline

Reaction score

Not advocating for this (I would rather stay where we are or a slight trade down), but maybe they wanted so desperately to earn those comp picks so they could make it easier to move up in round one/two if they needed/wanted. Its not like 10 players are making this team from the draft.

Verdict

Reaction score
Not advocating for this (I would rather stay where we are or a slight trade down), but maybe they wanted so desperately to earn those comp picks so they could make it easier to move up in round one/two if they needed/wanted. Its not like 10 players are making this team from the draft.

They could have moved up three spots just by losing the meaningless Eagles game, then used the comp pick to move up more. That's the point. One cancels the other out.

GreenMean69

Reaction score
We have 10 picks, we need to get more quality players imo.

Quality of quality every time . The Browns the last few years have been stuck on getting TONs of picks .... what did they have to show for it. If there is a chance to get a player that will make a difference you go for it .

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
They could have moved up three spots just by losing the meaningless Eagles game, then used the comp pick to move up more. That's the point. One cancels the other out.
They played like a team trying to lose, if that's any consolation.

DFWJC

Reaction score
We're not drafting 10 players; get used to that thought

Big_D

Reaction score
I'm usually dead set against trading up but I'm willing to move up a few spots for Vea if he falls a little (pick 15 tops), I can handle that because I want to see a DT taken early for once. Anything else.. no thanks.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm usually dead set against trading up but I'm willing to move up a few spots for Vea if he falls a little (pick 15 tops), I can handle that because I want to see a DT taken early for once. Anything else.. no thanks.

Same here. Like you, I don't like trading up. However, Vea is one of the few players worth the move.

Billyd

Reaction score
GUYS...Jerry is doing what he does, which is confuse the crap out of everyone..If We can take those four picks and turn them into one or two more picks in say rounds two or three and wind up with 6-7 picks in the first four rounds...thats a hella deal. We need quality players not necc more players..