Jesse Holley: "Source tells me it's going to take 4 years more years for this team to shine."

glimmerman

Reaction score
When Dak went down we all knew this season was done. He was the only reason we were putting points on the board. Keep our Offense together and work on the Defense. If we are going to get a new DC I would like to see it happen now

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I like Jesse but that statement makes no sense. No team in this NFL era plans for a 4 year rebuild. No credible source within the organization who is making real decisions would make such a statement.

Agree but we got massive problems.

WE have no cap space after Dak is signed.

The players we paid are aging and might give us 1 more good year if they can all stay healthy and play well.

Paying Dak locks this thing down into mediocrity for certain so we may not get the draft picks needed to do anything but stay mediocre.

Dallas has huge problems. It's just a reality. We need to lose and we need to cut some guys.

That's why I say the best thing that could happen is drafting Trevor Lawrence somehow.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Rebuild?:lmao:When can you name the last time we had a successful rebuild? I'll help you. Jimmy Johnson and maybe Bill Parcells. Neithier is stepping through that Star door so 22 years and counting. Good Luck.

Jerry fights to keep the thing mediocre. They need to just let it burn to the ground like it is right now.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I like Jesse but that statement makes no sense. No team in this NFL era plans for a 4 year rebuild. No credible source within the organization who is making real decisions would make such a statement.
That is probably due to the people we have running this organization. Sean McVay was in the Super Bowl year 1. Doug Perderson won a Super Bowl in year 2. If you have the right personnel people....you can be competitive in 2 years!

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I don't buy that.

Say Tyron & La'el's surgeries go well and they're ready next year. You're O line is sound.

We're fine at WR, RB. We get Jarwin back at TE. Figure out what you're doing at QB (draft pick or Dak) & offense is good.

Defense is more difficult. However, depending at what we do at QB, we'll either have a high draft pick or good cap space to work with. May not be a top ten defense, but I do expect improvement here especially with a full off-season (hopefully) & growth of Diggs.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I call bs. In 2015 we had one of the worst teams in the NFL. Then in 2016 we had the best team in the league.

It's not that simple. There are different dynamics at play.

Everyone could get healthy and we put together 1 maybe 2 more good years with this team but I doubt it.

Tyron can't stay healthy.

Martin is starting to get banged up.

Your QB wants 40 million a year or close to it.

Your RB makes a ton of money.

Your right tackle just had hip surgery.

Your 20 million dollar WR is about as feast or famine as it gets and makes business decisions on possession routes.

Your defense has virtually no talent and guys on that no talent defense were given contracts.

This team is a mess and if the goal is to win a Superbowl then we are a long way off.

If you want to be mediocre then sure..We can be mediocre. We've mastered mediocrity.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
We need 2 or 3 good drafts to rebuild the defense and O-line. I’m thinking 2023 is the earliest we can hope for a championship quality team.

Hope springs eternal. Jerry and Stephen's 30-year plan may actually come to fruition...or not. :rolleyes:

phildadon86

Reaction score
I don't buy that.

Say Tyron & La'el's surgeries go well and they're ready next year. You're O line is sound.

We're fine at WR, RB. We get Jarwin back at TE. Figure out what you're doing at QB (draft pick or Dak) & offense is good.

Defense is more difficult. However, depending at what we do at QB, we'll either have a high draft pick or good cap space to work with. May not be a top ten defense, but I do expect improvement here especially with a full off-season (hopefully) & growth of Diggs.
I think Defense is an easier fix than most here. I think getting a blue chipper who is also a leader would change the entire dynamic of the defense. I will be beating the table for Parsons as I think he is that guy,

JayFord

Reaction score
It doesn't take 4 years to rebuild a team

Every team has holes its how you cover up the holes and if you're willing to acknowledge it.......

No team is complete....the Seahawks are an example the realize their defense is bad and they'll probably be in the NFC title game

But for goodness sake you gotta acknowledge you have an issue

erod

Reaction score
Basically, they need to turn over 95% of the roster.

This is an unlikable, uncommitted, and untalented roster of players who simply don't really care or aren't good enough to matter.

And it's run by a family that should be selling pigs in Arkansas.

I can't remember a Cowboys team I've thought less of.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Basically, they need to turn over 95% of the roster.

This is an unlikable, uncommitted, and untalented roster of players who simply don't really care or aren't good enough to matter.

And it's run by a family that should be selling pigs in Arkansas.

I can't remember a Cowboys team I've thought less of.

Problem is a lot of these guys were just recently locked down.

I hate this team. I hate it. I said before they paid these guys I hated it. Now they have paid them all besides Dak and are just locking us into mediocrity.

We pay guys just because some other team paid their guy.

We never win squat and we pay our guys like they are Superbowl champions and we wonder why they tune out and fail! We reward failure!

We want to pay Dak like he has had post season success! He has 1 playoff win and is demanding a 4 year deal on his terms!

I hate calling people entitled but my gosh this team is so entitled it's beyond imagination.

Win squat.. No jewelry. No rings.. Get big contracts and treated like rock stars.

You'll get a ton of fans who applaud it too. They want these guys to get that money. They want Zeke to get paid 2 years before his deal is up. They want Dak Prescott to get paid like he has won a Superbowl.

Byron Jones? Screw him.. He's only been our best defensive player since switching to corner.. Nahh.. We need to pay Amari Cooper 20 million a year because that's what good teams do right? They invest a ton into WR's? Screw your top 5 corner.