Jesse James

Paintrain4978

Reaction score
At this point in the off-season I’m more inclined to go to free agency for our need at TE. That said my favorite guy on the market at this point is Jesse James out of Pittsburgh. I really liked him coming out of Penn State and I think he could be a good weapon for Dak and our passing game. He’s only 24 years old and I think he wouldn’t break the bank to sign him. What are y’alls thoughts?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
why-not-template.jpg

dallas72

Reaction score
At this point in the off-season I’m more inclined to go to free agency for our need at TE. That said my favorite guy on the market at this point is Jesse James out of Pittsburgh. I really liked him coming out of Penn State and I think he could be a good weapon for Dak and our passing game. He’s only 24 years old and I think he wouldn’t break the bank to sign him. What are y’alls thoughts?
Steelers didnt think that highly on him as he got benched

Hardline

Reaction score
I don't watch many Steelers games but he seems to play pretty solid when I do watch.

calicowboy54

Reaction score

I think with the cap we have you go and get a instant weapon in James at TE and a instant defender in ET at Safety. use draft to fill in depth on both sides of the line

RoboQB

Reaction score

Good choice. Assuming he slips through the first wave of free agency, it makes sense.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I think with the cap we have you go and get a instant weapon in James at TE and a instant defender in ET at Safety. use draft to fill in depth on both sides of the line

That's a solid plan, depending on Thomas' rehab is going well.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
That's a solid plan, depending on Thomas' rehab is going well.

My Theory is you cannot pay everyone... even if you pay Tank you cannot pay Collins, Irving, Gregory on DL + the CB's we are going to have come up in a few years... Not to mention the OL if Williams works out we have LG RG both Tackles set for a few more years Center is an unknown you need more depth there.

in todays NFL you pay IMO in the following order...
Offense:
QB - 20m
LT - 12m
G - 14m
C - 9.5m
RT - 8m
RB - 15m
WR - 15 - 18m
TE - 5 - 7m

Defense:
DE - 18m
CB - 15m
DT - 14m
S - 11m
LB - 12m

Paying 1 per position the going rate will put your team at about 175m that leave about 15m to sign the rest of the team, thats not going to happen. so question is who are they going to do it.. i think you have continue to use the draft to fill your needs Mostly at DL / OL replacing players as they are ones that get most worn down on each play. pay a QB if you got one Pay a RB if you got one, pay A WR if you got one *they are harder to come by*. DEs are rare to come by pay if you got it if not move on and go draft another, same with CB and S... LBs i feel you can find them anywhere, same as TE look we got production out of 4 scrubs by NFL standards.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't get why people like him. No interest. He'd be another backup quality TE on the roster.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I don't get why people like him. No interest. He'd be another backup quality TE on the roster.

You're wrong on this one, friend.
He would immediately be the best TE on the roster.
I realize that's a low bar.
James can make plays down the middle of the field.
I can't speak to his blocking skills but he would be
productive in the passing game.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I don't value the TE position much with this offense...Jarwin is a recieving TE, while Shultz can do both but need time to grow.

Whoever the get needs to be an effective run block. I'm perfectly fine with a guy like Maxx Williams or Nick Boyle in FA. Guys who can get the job done in the run game, plus fit Stephen's pay scale.