Jets player gives Vilma a black eye

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
LB Jonathan Vilma and DT James Reed reportedly got into an argument on the sidelines Sunday that resulted in Reed punching Vilma in the face.
Vilma didn't discuss the incident yesterday, but had a swollen left eye. ''It was a misunderstanding,'' Reed said. ''It's football. A lot of guys get into arguments. It's in the past. I don't hold grudges.'' Yeah, the guy who lands the punch usually doesn't. Sep. 13 - 9:57 am et
Source: Newsday

http://www.newsday.com/sports/print...24318sep13,0,61080.story?coll=ny-sports-print

I know. Wrong forum.

parchy

Reaction score
Since when is "it's football" an excuse for everything? You punching Vilma in the face had nothing to do with football... it had to do with you being a jackass.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
parchy said:
Since when is "it's football" an excuse for everything? You punching Vilma in the face had nothing to do with football... it had to do with you being a jackass.

How do you know it wasn't Vilma who was being the jackass? Just cuz Vilma is the one that got hit doesn't automatically make him the innocent one. ;)

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Rack said:
How do you know it wasn't Vilma who was being the jackass? Just cuz Vilma is the one that got hit doesn't automatically make him the innocent one. ;)

Yeah, some people desperately need an attitude adjustment... there have been more than a few people who thought that about your friendly local Bear, if the truth were to be told... LOL...

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
silverbear said:
Yeah, some people desperately need an attitude adjustment... there have been more than a few people who thought that about your friendly local Bear, if the truth were to be told... LOL...
And are still thinking it, I'd wager. ;)

The Jets had a total meltdown on Sunday. Tank Reed punching last year's DROY on the sidelines, to me, indicates even more lack of discipline. I know Vilma has a tendency to try and "run things", but if he told Reed he is no Jason Ferguson, I can't blame him. Vilma was rendered totally useless by Reed's inability to hold the center. Vilma's too competitive to allow himself to suck. Tank wasn't even being brought back til Fergy signed here. There comes a time when hanging on in the NFL based on having "a motor" ends, but Fergy's leaving NY extended Reed's career.

The punch should have been in the opposite direction, imo. Better yet, Tank should have wacked himself. ;)

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Really what has Herm Edwards done as the coach of the Jets? I really like the guy, but his best players were all Parcells picks. As the roster removes itself from Parcells draft picks, the Jets will go down the tube.