Jets | Rumor alert: team moving up to No. 1

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
If I am the Titans I begin to immediately talk to Nawlins about the 2nd pick so I can take Reggie Bush if this turns out to be true.

demdcowboys#1

Reaction score
Wow, suprising, i didnt think HOU would trade down, especially if they are really interested in Bush. I wouldnt do it(IMO)

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Unless he get's hurt I would not want to be the GM who passed on Reggie Bush. No way that works out.

cowheel

Reaction score
demdcowboys#1 said:
Wow, suprising, i didnt think HOU would trade down, especially if they are really interested in Bush. I wouldnt do it(IMO)
Why wouldn't you?

The #1 pick is more coveted than it has been in years.
It'll take an arm and a leg to move up there this year...

Houston is horrible and have a plethora of needs - the least of which is RB seeing that they have Dominic Davis and a young backup in Morency.

Why would you NOT trade that pick?

They'll probably be able to trade down, pick up a 1st rounder next year ,
2 2nds... and STILL get D'Brickashaw Fergason.

JIGGYFLY

Reaction score
demdcowboys#1 said:
I would they allready have 2 above average backs in Davis and Morency yes I think Bush is better than those 2 but they could fill other wholes and walk away with Ferguson, would do it in a heartbeat esp if they can get abraham in the deal.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
It makes sense. Houston gets extra picks plus they can still probably take home town boy Vince Young to boost sagging fan interest.

JIGGYFLY

Reaction score
cowheel said:
Why wouldn't you?

Houston is horrible and have a plethora of needs - the least of which is RB seeing that they have Dominic Davis and a young backup in Morency.

Great minds think alike LOL.

cowheel

Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
It makes sense. Houston gets extra picks plus they can still probably take home town boy Vince Young to boost sagging fan interest.
Didn't they just re-up Carr?
QB is out for the Texans.

They need to concentrate on that o-line to give the guy a chance...

boysfanindc

Reaction score
With Bush you are getting a WR, KR and a incredible RB. A complete game changer from 3 positions.

The reason everyone wants to move up to get him is because this type of talent does not come around very often.

Houston had a lot of bad luck last year, they have some talent.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
cowheel said:
Didn't they just re-up Carr?
QB is out for the Texans.

They need to concentrate on that o-line to give the guy a chance...
Exactly. They figure they can stockpile picks and get D'Brickashaw Ferguson at 4. They won't hurt at RB with Domanick Davis.

cowheel

Reaction score
boysfanindc said:
With Bush you are getting a WR, KR and a incredible RB. A complete game changer from 3 positions.

The reason everyone wants to move up to get him is because this type of talent does not come around very often.

Houston had a lot of bad luck last year, they have some talent.
With out an o-line - you get the top pick again next year.

They already have one of the best, most underappreciated, all around backs in the league in Davis... and an absolute monster at wideout in Johnson.

But if Carr is always on his back - doesn't matter what they have out there.

The Texans taking Bush would be stupid in my opinion - especially when they can get as much as they would - on top of an absolute monster at LT.

The Franchise would benefit more from a trade.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
cowheel said:
With out an o-line - you get the top pick again next year.

They already have one of the best, most underappreciated, all around backs in the league in Davis... and an absolute monster at wideout in Johnson.

But if Carr is always on his back - doesn't matter what they have out there.

The Texans taking Bush would be stupid in my opinion - especially when they can get as much as they would - on top of an absolute monster at LT.

The Franchise would benefit more from a trade.
Again, bingo.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
No question their O Line has problems giving up sacks, I believe the only team that gave up more then we did.

But they already 4 of the top 66 picks to correc the O Line.

Bush is special at 3 positions.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
If the Texans are able to trade down and still get Ferguson then it would be HUGE for them. If they miss on him somehow or make the short-sighted move and take Vince Young at that spot then they are likely to be selecting in the top-5 again next year.

Taking Bush at #1 would certainly help them but I would only do that after signing a couple of top OLs in FA prior to the draft. Getting Ferguson and a few extra high picks would be the smarter move IMO.

Vince Young may fill a few more seats in the short term but he really doesn't help them at all this year and I have my doubts about his ability to become a top QB in the NFL even over the long term.

Leinart to the Jets would be HUGE for them and well worth whatever it will take to move up for him (shouldn't be TOO much since it is only a couple of spots from #4 to #1). A marquee QB in NY would really fill some seats for them and set them up for the future.

NYCowboy22

Reaction score
I will say it again; if Houston doesn't trade down, especially this year, with all the needs they have, they will remain in the rut that they're in. There is a lot of talent at the top of this draft, teams will give up more than usual to get the guy they covet. Reggie Bush may turn out to be a great back, but what good is a great back with a line that can't block? RB is the least of their problems, Davis is underrated and more than serviceable. They also invested a lot in Carr so QB is not on their priority list. Trade down, stockpile your pics and add talent on both sides of the ball. One player is not going to make the difference for that team.

NYCowboy22

Reaction score
I think Leinart would be a good pick up for the Jets. They are almost totally rebuilding from the ground up and the most obvious place to start would be QB. Pennington, although when healthy is a good QB, cannot stay on the field for a full season. The Jets also have a pressing need at RB, look for them to draft one early.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
cowheel said:
Why wouldn't you?

:bow: that exactly what ive been thinking...i would trade that pick faster than you can say reggie if was houston

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
I don't trust the Texans would do the right thing with extra picks. Casserly, IMHO is bad. They also don't need to draft an OL at #4. There are many very good OLs later. Living in Houston I hope they take Bush to at least make the games enjoyable to watch for a few plays a game.