Jets | Rumor alert: team moving up to No. 1

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
I was thinking they were already in a strong position anyway, say they do take Bush (I would trade out if I could), they get the top pick in round 2 which one of the top 4-5 OT will fall to. Same with 3rd round , because of the depth of this years draft they could do real well. Now if they do trade off #1, they may have an outstanding draft and finaly get off the schide.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
boysfanindc said:
With Bush you are getting a WR, KR and a incredible RB. A complete game changer from 3 positions.

The reason everyone wants to move up to get him is because this type of talent does not come around very often.

Houston had a lot of bad luck last year, they have some talent.

Bush won't be as successful as people think. He isn't strong enough to run on the inside and won't be running around defenses in the NFL.

He just isn't a tough runner. He isn't even in the same league as Barry Sanders...a back many compare him to. Personally, I feel his teamate LenDel White will have the better career.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
DanTanna said:
I don't trust the Texans would do the right thing with extra picks. Casserly, IMHO is bad. They also don't need to draft an OL at #4. There are many very good OLs later. Living in Houston I hope they take Bush to at least make the games enjoyable to watch for a few plays a game.

They need to upgrade their offensive line. They don't to upgrade their backfield.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
dragon_mikal said:
Bush won't be as successful as people think. He isn't strong enough to run on the inside and won't be running around defenses in the NFL.

He just isn't a tough runner. He isn't even in the same league as Barry Sanders...a back many compare him to. Personally, I feel his teamate LenDel White will have the better career.

I'll take that bet. He will not be a 30 carry guy, but he does not need to be. He will be a 10 - 15 carry guy, plus catching the ball out of the back field as well as out wide and will make a impacts in the kick return game.

He will be a big play back that changes games. IMO.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
demdcowboys#1 said:
Wow, suprising, i didnt think HOU would trade down, especially if they are really interested in Bush. I wouldnt do it(IMO)
Did you watch any Texans games this year? I was unfortunate enough to have Domanick Davis on my fantasy team. The team is just dreadful, they have so many needs. If you can trade down three slots, get Ferguson and pick up a few extra picks, I think it's a no brainer.

The problem with the Texans is not running back, it's offensive line.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
boysfanindc said:
I'll take that bet. He will not be a 30 carry guy, but he does not need to be. He will be a 10 - 15 carry guy, plus catching the ball out of the back field as well as out wide and will make a impacts in the kick return game.

He will be a big play back that changes games. IMO.

He is going to try to run around NFL defenses and it isn't going to work.

Put him on a team like the Texans and he will be a non factor for sure. The Texans would be smart to trade down and focus on what they actually need.

Offensive line help.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
Did you watch any Texans games this year? I was unfortunate enough to have Domanick Davis on my fantasy team. The team is just dreadful, they have so many needs. If you can trade down three slots, get Ferguson and pick up a few extra picks, I think it's a no brainer.

The problem with the Texans is not running back, it's offensive line.

I would go as far as saying it is both offense and defense. The Texans had the 2nd worst defense in the league last year and the 4th worst offense in the league. I think Bush is a very good prospect but Houston has holes and lots of them and I think the best way to fill those holes is to trade the overall #1 for multiple picks.

burntricersx

Reaction score
cowheel said:
Why wouldn't you?

The #1 pick is more coveted than it has been in years.
It'll take an arm and a leg to move up there this year...

Houston is horrible and have a plethora of needs - the least of which is RB seeing that they have Dominic Davis and a young backup in Morency.

Why would you NOT trade that pick?

They'll probably be able to trade down, pick up a 1st rounder next year ,
2 2nds... and STILL get D'Brickashaw Fergason.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

rubrink

Reaction score
Glad to see this board. I have always thought that this is exactly what Houston needs to do. I think the least of their worries right now should be their "skill positions" (Carr,Johnson, DD). Domanick Davis would be a great back if he had a decent line to run behind, his replacement should be the least of their worries.