Jim Harbaugh suspended by Big Ten: Michigan coach banned from final three games of 2023 regular season

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Big Ten has suspended Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh from the field for the final three games of the 2023 season amid an ongoing NCAA investigation into an alleged sign-stealing operation orchestrated by former staffer Connor Stalions. The punitive measure from commissioner Tony Petitti falls under the conference's sportsmanship policy, which is not restricted by the same lengthy protocols and red tape that will likely carry the NCAA's investigation well into next year.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...rom-final-three-games-of-2023-regular-season/

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Interestingly, Michigan filed TRO but it doesn't deny the allegations. Just the punishment is premature......

gtb1943

Reaction score
seems clear he violated the rules. Now whether the rules are a joke or not...

and once again the NCAA shows how worthless it is

and frankly suspending him from the sideline means he is up in the booth on the headphones so is that really just for show?

ESisback

Reaction score
seems clear he violated the rules. Now whether the rules are a joke or not...

and once again the NCAA shows how worthless it is

and frankly suspending him from the sideline means he is up in the booth on the headphones so is that really just for show?
That’s what I was thinking.

kev8822

Reaction score
Look, I don’t like the guy myself, but some wealthy bigwig wants him gone, so….

A witch hunt. Sign stealing? C’mon!

Reminds me of the Gruden situation.
It's going to get super ugly whenever everything comes out from the NCAA. Don't be surprised if there is more bad news that trickles out this week.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I heard on radio that the Big 10 has no proof and knee jerked this issue All indications point to the fact that many other schools have been doing this for years. Right now, the Big 10 is looking pretty bad eating its own. If the charade continues , don’t be shocked to see Michigan bolt the Big 10.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I heard on radio that the Big 10 has no proof and knee jerked this issue All indications point to the fact that many other schools have been doing this for years. Right now, the Big 10 is looking pretty bad eating its own. If the charade continues , don’t be shocked to see Michigan bolt the Big 10.
IT will take a lot more than this for them to leave. A LOT MORE. Michigan knows they have a good place there.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Where would they go? Become an Independent?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It would give them an even number of teams(18). I just don't see Michigan leaving the Big 10.
Rumor is their regents are pissed about this investigation and suspension in the midst of their undefeated season. After seeing the pac 12 fold, anything is possible.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Rumor is their regents are pissed about this investigation and suspension in the midst of their undefeated season. After seeing the pac 12 fold, anything is possible.
There is a big difference from being pissed to bolting the conference. Think about that.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Par for the course these days. Guilty until proven innocent. Board room justice is a dominant feature of our legal system these days.