Jim McMahon: Bill Belichick’s a liar

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Jim McMahon: Bill Belichick’s a “lying piece of ****”
Posted by Mike Florio on May 19, 2021, 1:03 PM EDT

Nearly six years ago, former NFL quarterback Jim McMahon characterized former Browns (and current Patriots) coach Bill Belichick as a liar. Earlier today, McMahon opted for a more colorful term.

“Lying piece of ****.”

McMahon reached his conclusion after the Browns cut McMahon during 1995 training camp, and after Belichick suggested to McMahon that he’d be re-signed by the team.

“After training camp [Belichick] called me in and says, ‘Hey we’re gonna have to release you. We’ve got a lot of guys hurt. We need some roster spots,'” McMahon said on 850 ESPN Cleveland. “Then he said, ‘Hey no. But we really want you, we need you here.’ I said what are you telling me, Bill? He goes, ‘I want you to move here.’ If I’m gonna be here. I move my family here. They’re gonna be here for six months with me. I gotta find a hockey team for my sons. They were big into hockey at the time. So don’t screw me around. And he said ‘We’re gonna take care of you. . . . We’ll pay you to sit out.’

If true, that alone reflects a violation of the rules. Obviously, a non-player can’t be paid by a team to be available to the team whenever the team wants to sign him.

Read more

:omg::popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Nearly six years ago, former NFL quarterback Jim McMahon characterized former Browns (and current Patriots) coach Bill Belichick as a liar. Earlier today, McMahon opted for a more colorful term.

“Lying piece of ****.”

McMahon reached his conclusion after the Browns cut McMahon during 1995 training camp, and after Belichick suggested to McMahon that he’d be re-signed by the team.

“After training camp [Belichick] called me in and says, ‘Hey we’re gonna have to release you. We’ve got a lot of guys hurt. We need some roster spots,'” McMahon said on 850 ESPN Cleveland. “Then he said, ‘Hey no. But we really want you, we need you here.’ I said what are you telling me, Bill? He goes, ‘I want you to move here.’ If I’m gonna be here. I move my family here. They’re gonna be here for six months with me. I gotta find a hockey team for my sons. They were big into hockey at the time. So don’t screw me around. And he said ‘We’re gonna take care of you. . . . We’ll pay you to sit out.’

If true, that alone reflects a violation of the rules. Obviously, a non-player can’t be paid by a team to be available to the team whenever the team wants to sign him.

Continued: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/05/19/jim-mcmahon-bill-belichicks-a-lying-piece-of-sh-t/

McMahon is suffering from CTE. 1995 Cleveland Owner made the surprise move to Baltimore that sunk the season. Belichick did the Punky QB a favor only Ozzie Newsome survived that fiasco.

CWR

Reaction score

“Lying piece of ****.”

Continued: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/05/19/jim-mcmahon-bill-belichicks-a-lying-piece-of-sh-t/

I dont know what to think of it, but screw BB.

Praxit

Reaction score
....Billyboy does have that conniving look, you know, "My way or the highway". I cant see why McMahon would lie about something this big.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

“Lying piece of ****.”

Read more

Who cares, ruffians. Coach Belichick is an ***. McMahon is odious.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
McMahon is suffering from CTE. 1995 Cleveland Owner made the surprise move to Baltimore that sunk the season. Belichick did the Punky QB a favor only Ozzie Newsome survived that fiasco.
*Newsome highgraded the cream B.B.'S personally trained&assembled coaching staff w/ that Baltimore maneuver,too*

kskboys

Reaction score
there is probably some truth to this, but it is still irrelevant because it was so long ago lol.
Bill will do anything to help his chances of winning, that is well known.
Which brings me to my point. Wish we had a personnel manager like that, one who puts winning over everything.