FEATURED Jimmy Johnson elected to HOF. video added

Cowfan75

Reaction score
This video rekindled my sorrow over what could have been if not for Jerry's ego. I legit was more upset over Jimmy leaving than I was my dad.

Reactions: BAT

cern

Reaction score
I'm probably late to the party but I wonder who he'll select to induct him? Talk about an opportunity to bury the hatchet forever. Expecting to hear effusive comments from jerral wayne.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Long overdue. Jimmy did enough with his short time in the league in terms of achievements and innovation to be in the HOF long ago. Very few other coaches impacted draft board strategies like Jimmy did, and his idea for the "Great train robbery" created a dynasty.

Jimmy & the Triplets all in the HOF now. As it should be.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
This video rekindled my sorrow over what could have been if not for Jerry's ego. I legit was more upset over Jimmy leaving than I was my dad.

From what Jimmy has said, he was going to leave either way. Supposedly had the date circled on his calendar, he didn't want to get complacent and referred to himself as a "gypsy".

I think what I dislike the most is that Jerry is a great negotiator so he probably could have convinced Jimmy to stay a few more seasons.

birdwells1

Reaction score
I guess it didn’t help Jerry got his gold jacket first. Maybe he will think of Jimmy as an “equal” now :rolleyes:

Jimmy got his for onfield success, Jerry got his for contributions to the NFL (contracts, sponsors, generating revenue) big difference.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I’ll play the bad guy just so our site doesn’t get the wrong reputation as a positive group.

“Good for him, but he couldn’t get in the regular way, neither he nor Cowterd.”

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
Jimmy got his for onfield success, Jerry got his for contributions to the NFL (contracts, sponsors, generating revenue) big difference.
I was referring Jerry thinking he is good enough for ROH. I was taking a jab at Jerry’s ego allowing him into ROH since he is a HOF equal now. I don’t have any gripes with them both being HOFers, just Jerry’s treatment of Jimmy both as a coach and regarding ROH.