Video: Jimmy Johnson on First Things First

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Anyone happen to catch Jimmy Johnson on First Things First this morning or know where I might be able to find a video of it?

Sadly I only caught the last 30 seconds or so of it. I would love to hear what he has to say about things.
YouTube always puts them up.....might be still early but I’d check there.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Jimmy on First Take - saying mainly what most of us been saying for years.
What stands out is that infamous wash game - listen to him and you see the culture of a Jimmy, Bill B and Parcells vs the culture Jerry and Jason.

Big D

Reaction score
Jimmy nailed it. They look like they feel like they've accomplished something without having to actually do it. Self designated nicknames. Fanfair etc.

it's more on display on the defensive side of the ball with all this hot boyz nonsense but I do believe that's why they play better backed into a corner.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Anyone happen to catch Jimmy Johnson on First Things First this morning or know where I might be able to find a video of it?

Sadly I only caught the last 30 seconds or so of it. I would love to hear what he has to say about things.

ModEdit: Added videos from below by @rocyaice and @nyc-cowboy

Yes, we're in first place but make no mistake this team is already derailed.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Pretty damning criticism from Johnson and Aikman... the team is not mentally tough, not disciplined, not focused on doing the little things necessary to win.

In a word— they are entitled without accomplishing anything of note.

All of that rests on the culture of the franchise and the man who sets the rhythm for practice and philosophical focal points in all three phases of the game.

When you have a HOF coach and a HOF QB calling you out (and they both know you and have played the game with you!)— your days are numbered

Johnson gave him the benefit of the doubt and touted the whole “anything can happen if you get to the tournament” line— but cmon. Really? The issues and flaws with the team are rooted in identity, culture, temperament, and character.

We need a heart transplant— not a couple of stints to make it work a little better.

NorTex

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks so much

God, I miss Jimmy, he knows how to hold players accountable and won't accept losing.

Jimmy's playoff losses in Miami are legendary!!! Probably the worst back to back playoff losses in the history of the NFL! (38-3 & 62-7)

RD21

Reaction score
Jimmy on First Take - saying mainly what most of us been saying for years.
What stands out is that infamous wash game - listen to him and you see the culture of a Jimmy, Bill B and Parcells vs the culture Jerry and Jason.

Man.... Jimmy really is spot on here. Just watching that, I fantasize about Jimmy pulling a Joe Gibbs, & coming back. Difference is, If he had control, I think Jimmy could take this team to the promised land. Or in Jerry speak.... back to the glory h*le.

ShortRound

Reaction score
I saw bits of it, taking away food on a plane after a loss, because they didn't deserve it.

"How can you fire him, they're still first in their division."

visionary

Reaction score
"The bottom line is how they do in the playoffs...If they lose to Philadelphia, it's gonna be ugly."

Jimmy's right on both counts.

i don’t agree
I’ve seen this one and done movie before
Garrett needs to go
Period

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Jimmy nailed it. They look like they feel like they've accomplished something without having to actually do it. Self designated nicknames. Fanfair etc.

it's more on display on the defensive side of the ball with all this hot boyz nonsense but I do believe that's why they play better backed into a corner.
Very much agree.

The players follow the owner.

He constantly polishes his brand and makes things overstated.

Now the players are flooding the TV with commercials and not winning games.

It's a hollow image that does not meet expectations.