Jimmy Johnson was really upset

Quickdraw

Reaction score
When I saw this at halftime, the only thing I could think of is that as mad as Jimmy was, I was hoping he wasn't going to have a medical emergency. At 80, you can't allow your blood to boil like that. But that speaks volumes of how passionate Jimmy is about the Cowboys.

My hope is that Jimmy has a chat with McCarthy on how to take control of the locker room. Accountability needs to be instilled in each and every player.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yea, he was legit pissed off. I think getting in the ROH/better terms with Jerry got him reminiscent of the early 90's.
I think it was 0% Jerry Jones or Ring of Honor influenced and totally all Jimmy Johnson. A person's inner passion is always there. Simply seeing his old franchise, the one he poured his heart and soul into, willingly getting RAILROADED sparked that particular fire in my opinion.

John813

Reaction score
I think it was 0% Jerry Jones or Ring of Honor influenced and totally all Jimmy Johnson. A person's inner passion is always there. Simply seeing his old franchise, the one he poured his heart and soul into, willingly getting RAILROADED sparked that particular fire in my opinion.

Maybe, but Dallas has been down this road before of underperforming in the playoffs/big game and I've never seen Jimmy this heated before.
Unless this was the first time Jimmy has stuck around that late in the studio?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe, but Dallas has been down this road before of underperforming in the playoffs/big game and I've never seen Jimmy this heated before.
Unless this was the first time Jimmy has stuck around that late in the studio?
I would agree that was the most emotion I have seen from him on the FOX show but have seen him very animated more than enough about other topics there as well. Of course, other franchises, including Miami, would not hold the same personal connection for him as Dallas does. Only the University of Miami would come nearly as close.