Jimmy Johnson was really upset

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Troy said Jimmy wasn't kidding around, he was very upset. His mid-game speech was real. Troy said this was the most upset he had seen Jimmy since his playing days with him.

These Cowboys and the way they play in the playoffs are embarrassing all the former greats. Jimmy feels the same way the fans do. Lucky for us he has a platform to vent for us.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
If the players could have seen that in the locker room at half time it might have had an effect, but no one knew it was coming.

And if they had seen it and come back and won, the jimmy gets credit again! for dallas going further in the playoffs lol
And it would make mike look like a boob.

But it surprised me and I enjoyed seeing it, it pumped me up a little lol

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This team definitely could have won 4 in a row back then. But I don't look at it as "what might have been" because that is 30 years ago. This team needs to get their act together right here and now because many fans don't remember "what might have been".
Well,.....yeah

75boyz

Reaction score
If you watch the full video when Strahan gets in a 3 point stance and the others are laughing Jimmy isn’t and then he finishes by saying that’s embarrassing. He held players and himself accountable during his days.
Yep, that was what I was focusing on too man. It wasn't scripted. Michael was making fun as to show how Jimmy's intensity had got him ready to get out there.

Jimmy wasn't joking around.he was dead serious.

The contrast and comparison of having coach Jimmy to settling for Buy into us McCheese almost makes me want to puke.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Btw, speaking of Jimmy, he was in the camp that felt Dallas HAD built a good enough roster to go to the Super Bowl.

That's why he was so upset. He felt they underachieved vs their potential.

He might not feel like that anymore with how weak we were at Linebacker, but he; said all year they put together a strong club.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
We need someone like JJ back here. Someone that will light a fire and bring the best out of everyone. I miss those days. It’s just so soft now.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I missed this on live TV because I turned that crap off a bit before halftime. Had better things to do with my time than watch that crap they put on the field.

Anyway, pretty sad that a Fox "sports analyst" (I know it's Jimmy Johnson, but it's still what he is at this point) most likely gave a better halftime speech than what was probably given in the locker room.

kwcool619

Reaction score
IF Jimmy was the coach. Dak would have been long gone. And Gallup. Mazi, Taco, Schoon, LVE, Jaylon would have never been drafted.
You know that's right!! I know this a huge stretch (just my opinion. Don't be too hard though): I don't know who Jimmy would have drafted (or would had kept) on this current roster.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Troy said Jimmy wasn't kidding around, he was very upset. His mid-game speech was real. Troy said this was the most upset he had seen Jimmy since his playing days with him.

This blowout was all on the coaches for being out coached and not having their team prepared to face that young upstart Packer team. You can bet the house the 9ers are going to show the world on how to deal with a team like the Packers. The 9ers are going to come out a put a beatdown on that yellow and green team...........

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Jimmy would have benched Dak year 2.
I hope he never says anything bad about the dak, if so he will be known as a guy who got lucky with a great team Jerry built. I guarantee that will be the narrative. That's a Gorico guarantee.

Flamma

Reaction score

Every Cowboys fan old enough to remember those Cowboys had to have their adrenalin spike after hearing Jimmy. The coach came out in him. He was visibly angry.