Jimmy Williams Returning to VT

VThokie7

Reaction score
Williams Announces Decision on NFL
All-ACC defensive back decides to return for senior season
January 12, 2005

BLACKSBURG - Virginia Tech cornerback Jimmy Williams announced Wednesday that he will return for his senior season, bypassing the 2005 NFL Draft. The first-team All-ACC defensive back and Thorpe Award semifinalist led the Hokies and the ACC with five interceptions this past season and was tied for third on the team with 60 tackles.

"The main reason for this decision is I didn't want to abandon a young team," Williams said. "I feel like this team needs me and we can do special things next season. I also want to be as prepared as I can for the next level so I can take care of my family like I want to. It's not that I don't feel I could succeed at the next level now, but one more year of college ball is exactly what I need to prepare me for the NFL. We're going to have a young secondary next year that is going to need leadership and I want to be the guy to lead them."

Williams, a junior from Hampton, Va., led the ACC with 19 passes defended, picking up five interceptions and 14 break ups. He also had 5.5 tackles for loss and a quarterback hurry.

http://hokiesports.com/football/recaps/01122005aaa.html

Derinyar

Reaction score
Smart move with all the other CB's bouncing into the draft, and if the rules lessen up some next year the value for CB's could go up again.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
This was my favorite player for conversion to safety.

Kiwanis was my favorite DE.

I feel sad.