JJ 993 thus far

GLIDINGJJ

Reaction score
Quiet about that aren't we. While I think he needs to bounce it outside much more often then what he does, he's on pace for about 1,200 to 1,300 yards. Not a bad year in the least. Tells me we need to perhaps pull the ball back from Romo a tad and go more to the running game. Look at the games we have left and the defenses we face. Its got to be running game first and then take some shots downfield. I'd say about 2/3rds running and 1/3 passing. Management baby. Romo will get his shots if the running game clicks and if we stay with it. There will be an opportunity for some big plays this coming weekend.

:starspin

BigD_95

Reaction score
GLIDINGJJ;1228429 said:
Quiet about that aren't we. While I think he needs to bounce it outside much more often then what he does, he's on pace for about 1,200 to 1,300 yards. Not a bad year in the least. Tells me we need to perhaps pull the ball back from Romo a tad and go more to the running game. Look at the games we have left and the defenses we face. Its got to be running game first and then take some shots downfield. I'd say about 2/3rds running and 1/3 passing. Management baby. Romo will get his shots if the running game clicks and if we stay with it. There will be an opportunity for some big plays this coming weekend.

I agree. I think we need to pound the ball more. I believe Bill is seeing this also with some of the things he has been saying.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Not sure why this continues. Dallas uses both RB and together they make up a pretty good combination. Jones is not going to get 25 to 30 carries a game and neither is Barber but together they have helped the Cowboys establish a good running attack and both have done so without complaining or walking around with bruised egos. In today’s sports that is rare to have players put the team ahead of themselves.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
GLIDINGJJ;1228429 said:

Atlanta can be ran on, and we need to pound them with JJ and MBIII. If we can get back to pounding the ball we will win on Sat.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1228535 said:
Not sure why this continues. Dallas uses both RB and together they make up a pretty good combination. Jones is not going to get 25 to 30 carries a game and neither is Barber but together they have helped the Cowboys establish a good running attack and both have done so without complaining or walking around with bruised egos. In today’s sports that is rare to have players put the team ahead of themselves.

The problem is that they only combined for 12 carries against the Saints. Take away the first carry 77 yard TD by Jones and they only combined for 38 yards the rest of the game. That is not going to work. It was only 21-7 at half and Dallas got the ball first in the second half. They got away from running the ball.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
joseephuss;1228566 said:
The problem is that they only combined for 12 carries against the Saints. Take away the first carry 77 yard TD by Jones and they only combined for 38 yards the rest of the game. That is not going to work. It was only 21-7 at half and Dallas got the ball first in the second half. They got away from running the ball.

I agree but I'm talking about overall this season not 1 bad game by the entire Cowboys team. As for this past game I agree we should have ran the ball more.