JJ struck gold with Felix the "Cat"

Reaction score
Just watching the interview with Felix Jones in the Multimedia put a smile on my face. Obviously, after watching his exploits on MNF, we've gotten a clue to the fact that Jones was the choice to make at pick #22. Thank you, Cleveland Browns. Between seeing Jones on "Hard Knocks", and watching his interviews, it's hard to believe he's the youngest player on the team.

This young man is just a solid person you would want to hang out with. He has a contagious smile that he carries with him wherever he goes. You would never know by watching him interact with his teammates that he has all the makings of a superstar. Ya gotta love the kid.

Very soon, OC Jason Garrett will find new & more exciting ways of getting Jones the ball. Sure, he'll make some rookie mistakes, but he'll also make some jaws drop, as well. I, for one, am sure glad that Jerry Jones took the advice of his Offensive Coordinator and took Felix Jones over Rashard Mendenhall.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I saw him smiling a bunch during the game on the field, just like Romo. It reminds you during the heat of the battle that it is just a game. I wish I could feel that way and I am just a fan.

superpunk

Reaction score
The look on his face after he makes a big play or is coming to the sideline after one really fits "The Cat" nickname. He's always grinning like the cat that ate the canary. I like him alot.

sbark

Reaction score
coaches just gotta love a kid like that...............makes their jobs so much fun and easier......

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't wait to see what he does with a screen pass. He looks so effortless out there. He's a threat to score from anywhere on the field.

bobtheflob

Reaction score
I don't like the whole "Felix the Cat" thing for one reason: Chris Berman. During one of his highlights Berman started singing the Felix the Cat song. I was already trying to prepare myself for the hardship that is his Pacman impression (he tries to make the sounds from the arcade game).

If either of those two do something good in a game, I swear I'll mute the TV when they show the highlights.

Rudy

Reaction score
Still a little early, huh fellas??
Who am I kidding, he's my new man-crush.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Cogan;2271846 said:
Just watching the interview with Felix Jones in the Multimedia put a smile on my face. Obviously, after watching his exploits on MNF, we've gotten a clue to the fact that Jones was the choice to make at pick #22. Thank you, Cleveland Browns. Between seeing Jones on "Hard Knocks", and watching his interviews, it's hard to believe he's the youngest player on the team.

This young man is just a solid person you would want to hang out with. He has a contagious smile that he carries with him wherever he goes. You would never know by watching him interact with his teammates that he has all the makings of a superstar. Ya gotta love the kid.

Very soon, OC Jason Garrett will find new & more exciting ways of getting Jones the ball. Sure, he'll make some rookie mistakes, but he'll also make some jaws drop, as well. I, for one, am sure glad that Jerry Jones took the advice of his Offensive Coordinator and took Felix Jones over Rashard Mendenhall.

:violin:

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Parcells would undoubtedly be hauling out his "anointing oil" cliche about now... :D

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I prefer the players' nickname of Uncle Felix.

sago1

Reaction score
I guess we'll have to wait until TO comes up with a proper name for Felix. Whatever it will be, it will have to play off well with/against Marion the Barbarian.

WG5516

Reaction score
silverbear;2272042 said:
Parcells would undoubtedly be hauling out his "anointing oil" cliche about now... :D

thats one thing i miss about him not being our coach. His pressers were great. I didn't know about the cowboys media section until late in his last season and he definitely made it enjoyable.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rudy;2271967 said:
Still a little early, huh fellas??

It was aslo a little early when 80% of the board was immmediately *****ing right when we picked him.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DaBoys4Life;2271987 said:

Felix Jones RB arkansas

" This is the most disappointing pick IMO...
...I feel as if Jerry dropped the ball.
He has the biggest bust factor on him...
--we will quickly regret this pick...
--because of his lack of big plays. "

daboys4life.jpg

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
silverbear;2272042 said:

Screw Parcells and his Jersey bias. Felix is going to be a good one. And there is no Parcells here to screw it up.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score