JJ struck gold with Felix the "Cat"

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I agree...he's got the same "aw shucks" attitude that Romo has. It makes him a very likeable guy. He's obviously loving every minute of playing in the NFL. If any of you follow NASCAR, he reminds me of Carl Edwards.

As far as his skills, I remained neutral because I had not seen much of him during his career at Arkansas. Now, all I have to say is when he is on the field, he's a threat to score...everytime he touches the ball.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I wanted Jamaal Charles and Chris Johnson more. I also wanted Kevin Smith and Matt Forte more.

Charles is stuck behind one of the worst OL in the NFL and is doing diddly squat. I sure wish he would have gotten drafted by someone else, as long as it wasn't Jax either.

CJ, KSmith, and Forte are having productive years so far. They are showing the quality and depth of this draft class.

I did want Felix over DMac, Mendenhall, Rice, Choice, and even Stewart.

DMac and Stewart are showing up. Rice is doing ok, but that OL isn't as good as it used to be, plus he is behind McGahee. Mendenhall is behind Free Willie Parker....but he should be able to get some reps on ST. From what I have seen of Mendenhall, he runs soft for such a big man. He runs like an elephant in the presence of a mouse, when he should be running like a buffalo in the US plains, rumbling, wild, and free.

I am glad we have Felix. He definitely wasn't my first choice, and I was a bit disgruntled when we took him, but I am glad to have him. He has shown to be a special talent.....and I love his work ethic and humility.

I am also pleased with Choice. He is a great insurance policy in case one of the other two guys goes down for a period of time.

Nice drafting Jerrah and Wade

Reaction score
Biggems;2272164 said:
I wanted Jamaal Charles and Chris Johnson more. I also wanted Kevin Smith and Matt Forte more.

Charles is stuck behind one of the worst OL in the NFL and is doing diddly squat. I sure wish he would have gotten drafted by someone else, as long as it wasn't Jax either.

CJ, KSmith, and Forte are having productive years so far. They are showing the quality and depth of this draft class.

I did want Felix over DMac, Mendenhall, Rice, Choice, and even Stewart.

DMac and Stewart are showing up. Rice is doing ok, but that OL isn't as good as it used to be, plus he is behind McGahee. Mendenhall is behind Free Willie Parker....but he should be able to get some reps on ST. From what I have seen of Mendenhall, he runs soft for such a big man. He runs like an elephant in the presence of a mouse, when he should be running like a buffalo in the US plains, rumbling, wild, and free.

I am glad we have Felix. He definitely wasn't my first choice, and I was a bit disgruntled when we took him, but I am glad to have him. He has shown to be a special talent.....and I love his work ethic and humility.

I am also pleased with Choice. He is a great insurance policy in case one of the other two guys goes down for a period of time.

Nice drafting Jerrah and Wade

Charles is the worst rb from this group imo.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Sarge;2272095 said:
It was aslo a little early when 80% of the board was immmediately *****ing right when we picked him.

I wonder what happened to all the "concern" about his bench press at the combine? :rolleyes:

I hate the combine.

Can the guy play or not?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I LOVE ME SOME ME!;2272208 said:
Charles is the worst rb from this group imo.

Charles is playing on the worst team and behind the worst OL in the NFL and has nobody at QB. Defenses can put 8 and 9 in the box to stop LJ and Charles.

BTW, one guy I forgot to mention was Slaton.....I didn't care for him at all.....so I am definitely glad we got Felix over him.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Jimz31;2271936 said:
Only one thing left to do....USE HIM!

AMEN!

Biggems;2272268 said:
Charles is playing on the worst team and behind the worst OL in the NFL and has nobody at QB. Defenses can put 8 and 9 in the box to stop LJ and Charles.

BTW, one guy I forgot to mention was Slaton.....I didn't care for him at all.....so I am definitely glad we got Felix over him.

Yeah Charles had a lot of speed but I had others ranked ahead of him. To me, has the biggest chance to be the next Julius Jones; a talented kid that will show flashes at times, but will disappoint in the overall scheme of things.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Sarge;2272095 said:
It was aslo a little early when 80% of the board was immmediately *****ing right when we picked him.

Well for the fifth or so time I was wrong about the pick. I cooled off a lot with the draft of Choice but I was still wrong about Felix.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
DallasEast;2272113 said:

Felix Jones RB arkansas

" This is the most disappointing pick IMO...
...I feel as if Jerry dropped the ball.
He has the biggest bust factor on him...
--we will quickly regret this pick...
--because of his lack of big plays. "

daboys4life.jpg

:laugh1: :laugh2: :lmao: the fonts acting as echoes, love it

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Sarge;2272095 said:

I was not in that group.

I was thrilled to get him and figured he'd be a great fit for the offense and special teams, adding a dimension we sorely lacked. I saw enough of this guy tearing up the SEC to know he had tremendous talent. Lucky for us he was a #2 behind McFadden, because had he been anywhere else he'd have been the #1 guy and been LONG GONE off the draft board by the time we picked.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
I'm thinking Felix Jones is going to be the starting kick returner in this years probowl.

cowboychrisc

Reaction score
Felix the Cool Cat reminds me so much of Tony Dorsett in his first 3-4 steps that he sometimes makes my heart stop.
I"ll bet that Darren McFadden wishes he were looking through the hole in Texas Stadium instead of being in Oakland.:lmao:

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Jerry knew what he was talking about when he said he wanted to add some "Wow" to this offense, and Boy did he get it!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

lack of big plays...
lack of big plays...
lack of big plays...
lack of...

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
He's a TD waiting to happen everytime he's in there, and he's hardly been utilized at all yet as a receiver. (He did catch one tonight, and they did try to set up a screen for him)

We havent had this kind of element at RB since Dorsett was in his prime.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dbair1967;2276982 said:
He's a TD waiting to happen everytime he's in there, and he's hardly been utilized at all yet as a receiver. (He did catch one tonight, and they did try to set up a screen for him)

We havent had this kind of element at RB since Dorsett was in his prime.
The first time Felix Jones lines up in the slot or out wide, the opposing defensive coordinator will crap in his pants. I'm being as serious as a heart attack. With his speed, who are you going to pull off of Owens or Crayton to cover him???

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
cowboychrisc;2273105 said:
Felix the Cool Cat reminds me so much of Tony Dorsett in his first 3-4 steps that he sometimes makes my heart stop.
I"ll bet that Darren McFadden wishes he were looking through the hole in Texas Stadium instead of being in Oakland.:lmao:

:welcome: to the forum. I haven't figured out who he reminds me of. I don't see TD although the quicks are there. He's not as fast as TD either. Nearly. Sho is good tho

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
DallasEast;2276965 said:

lack of big plays...
lack of big plays...
lack of big plays...
lack of...

The silence is deafening. :laugh2: